A man died in a fire at a family home in Frýdek-Míst

A man died in a fire at a family home in Frýdek-Míst

A man died in a fire at a family house in Frydek-Mist

A man died in an afternoon fire at a family home in Frýdek-Místek, firefighters found him inside without signs of life, March 16, 2023, Frýdek-Místek.

Frýdek-Místek – A man died in the afternoon in a fire at a family home in Frýdek-Místek. Firefighters found him inside the house without signs of life, they said on the website. Firefighters and police investigators are investigating the cause of the fire. Three units of professional and volunteer firefighters responded to the scene.

Advertisement'; }

The fire was reported to the emergency line six minutes before 5:00 p.m. Professional firefighters from Frýdek-Místek and volunteer units from Frýdek and Paskov went to the scene. house, on the first above-ground floor, they found a man without signs of life in the affected room,” the Moravian-Silesian fire department said.

They got the fire under control about a quarter of an hour after arriving. During the intervention, they turned off the electricity and gas supply and used a positive pressure fan for ventilation. Inside the house, they had to dismantle part of the ceiling between the attic and the attic space and put out individual fires. Upon investigation, the firefighters discovered that a smoke detector, a so-called fire alarm, was not installed in the house. Shortly after 19:00, the intervention was ended, a volunteer unit from Frýdek remained on the scene. Firefighters and police specialists are investigating the cause of the fire.

“Currently, the police are still on the scene, and as soon as the circumstances allow, they will inspect the scene of the fire together with the firemen. As soon as they arrived at the scene, the outside found other people from the family house,” said police spokeswoman Eva Michalíková after 8:00 p.m.

According to rescue service spokesman Lukáš Humpl, the rescuers could no longer help the fifty-one-year-old man who was inside the house. “He succumbed to the effects of the fire before their arrival. A woman two years younger was treated, who showed signs of internal problems. After providing pre-hospital emergency care, the rescuers left her at the scene, her transport to a medical facility was not necessary,” said Humpl.