2min books “In the beginning we were four” by PE Cayral was published in August 2022 by Anne Carrière
In the beginning there were four of us — Anne Carrière
- Favorite readings are something to share.
- Our community recommends a new book to you every day.
- Today, “In the beginning we were four” by PE Cayral was published on August 26, 2022 by Éditions Anne Carrière
Christian Dorsan, author, blogger and contributor to the 20 Minutes Books reading group, recommends In the beginning we were four by PE Cayral, published on August 26, 2022 by Éditions Anne Carrière.
Her favorite quote:
For the people of the region, we were splendid triplets, laughing and above all very united: an exceptional family. In the surrounding imagination, could it be otherwise? Our three identical bodies were like a mirage, burning or evil, depending on whether our parents attracted envy or dread.
Why this book  ;?
- Because this book tells of different destinies, paths that take shape, intersect and separate. It’s a family story, without being a saga, written in the form of choral confidences. These three brothers, triplets, are not necessarily identical and each will have their own life.
- Because the most emblematic character is PS, the first out,< /strong>the one who commands the admiration of others, becomes a soldier, who will seduce his brother’s companion, but who has a personality; more fragile than the others. If Gil stays at the farm, Gus goes to town to pursue a professional career that will lead him into a deep depression. What can he weld this sibling? Perhaps a uterine memory of a fourth stillbirth.
- Because there are passages of great sensuality. when PE Cayralmakes bodies and desires speak: the desire of mother L a, a teenager who discovers pleasure under the voyeuristic eyes of her future husband L o. There is Jéromine, and Flore, the women who will live in the middle of this fraternal camera, often it is they who decide on their love and not the other way around. And then there is PS and his hands on the bodies of his comrades in arms, his close and strong relationship with Cheyenne, the neighbor of the family farm.
L’ essential in 2 minutes
The plot.They are triplets born in Brittany, three perfectly identical beings but with different characters and destinies. But someone seems to be missing because initially there were four of them. be born.
Characters.Luc and Léa the parents, the triplets: PS (First out), Gus and Gil, Flore ex-girlfriend of Gil renamed Fuego by PS, Jéromine the girlfriend of Gus, Marc and Cheyenne the friends by PS, Gabriel “ Point G” the fourth.
Places. Brittany, Africa, Paris.
Time. Current time .
The author. Not much is known about PE Cayral except that he is a traveler and that Au d’ apart we were four, is his first novel.
This book has been written. read with attention: a first book is always a challenge, sometimes uneven on chapters, we guess a sensual and personal writing which makes you want to discover other stories.
buy on amazon
Do you want to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 Minutes of Context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission that helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, produce their files and their reviews independently, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added afterwards, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thank you in advance to all those who will click!