Avakov told about the most high-profile cases of the last days.
The Minister of internal Affairs of Ukraine Arsen Avakov 5 Jun spoke from the rostrum of the Verkhovna Rada. He reported about the scandal of rape in Kaharlyk, which police suspect, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to Browser.
The interior Minister recalled the chronology of events, told in what stage is the investigation and showed the statistics of the National police. According to the report, relative to police officers for 2019 and five months 2020 opened more than 1037 criminal cases.
Rape in Kagarlyk
According to Avakov, some try to draw an analogy state of emergency in Kagarlyk of rape in vradiyevke in 2013. But now the situation is fundamentally different, said the interior Minister.
“Vradiyevka tried to hide – we do not hide anything. Two people were immediately detained at the scene was caused by the investigative group of the State Bureau of investigation. The police Department is completely disbanded. The next day the police released information to the community. In less than an hour we have arrested the criminals since the announcement,” – said Avakov.
At this point, the case investigation is conducted by the RRT, with the full cooperation of the National police. In addition, Netpolice conducting its own internal investigation.
Avakov said that after the incident was made conclusions about the shortcomings in the work of the inspection personnel of the National police. The result was the changes, in particular:
- all police units will be introduced system full video recording of investigative actions;
- will be fully revised staffing of inspection personnel. There will be employees with experience in the operating units;
- will increased salary and logistical support to inspection, provided vehicles for inspections, the means for fixing the violations, the cameras;
- the inspection will be given the right to inspect any unit and individual employees in the line of duty at any time of the day;
- in the professional selection of candidates on service in police, when contests will be additional psychological examination on the latest techniques to identify hidden signs of aggressive behavior;
The Minister said that in 2019, or five months 2020 according to the materials of the Department of homeland security, the national police initiated 1 037 criminal proceedings concerning police officers, during which this 482 suspicions. Avakov said that it’s almost two criminal proceedings and one suspect a day. Also made 1 206 administrative protocols against the police for violating anti-corruption laws. On the negative circumstances of police dismissed 178 employees.
“However, we must not forget that the police are working tens of thousands of police officers who serve Ukraine, defend the law, solving crimes and performing combat tasks in the area of environmental protection, risking life and limb.
I appeal to you, the MPs, not to blame the entire 130-strong collective National police because of a few scoundrels. The vast majority of police are decent people, loyal to the oath,” – said Avakov.
Shootout in Brovary
In the case of a shooting may 29 in Brovary, Kyiv region are 67 suspects. The Minister cited statistics on business on the morning of June 5:
- 44 participants of the conflict it is reported about suspicion (including 5 in absentia);
- 39 persons elected as a preventive measure:
- 29 – detention for 60 days without the right of bail;
- 2 – detention for 60 days with a right of Deposit;
- 5 – hour house arrest for 60 days;
- 3 – house arrest at night.
According to Avakov, at the scene of the shooting, police arrested 11 suspects. Later on the way to Vinnitsa, the place of residence and work, was detained more than two dozen people from among the participants.
“On Monday, June 1, the police carried out a series of actions that result in Kiev, Brovary and Irpen detained 13 people, including the leader, the crime boss nicknamed “Milestone”, aka “Zhuravel”. They all participated in the shooting under the guise of local carriers,” he said.
The interior Minister believes that the police adequately and correctly reacted to the situation in Brovary.