FOOTBALL Brazil wandered off against South Korea (4-1) and imposed themselves a little more as the big favorite of the competition (with the Blues, of course). But should we get fired up after this success or put things into perspective?
The Canarinha dance — Manu Fernandez/AP/SIPA
From our envoy; special to Doha,
The advantage of leading 4-0 at half-time is that we can quickly make the second period a kind of jubilee; to the old one. Half football, half wrestling. You know, the “Ronaldo friends vs Rest of the world” where everyone is brought in and out, including the goalkeeper, so that everyone can participate in the game. the party. And what does it matter that it is a round of 16 World Cup. The important thing is the group life: Tite therefore brought Weverton back to school. Alisson's place in ten minutes from the end, when the Liverpool goalkeeper had just received a “golaço” of Seung-Ho Paik to fix the final score at; 4-1. The magic of the Rich's French Cup.
“This is a special moment for me,” the goalkeeper, all smiles in the mixed zone. It’s not planned. The great game we had made my entrance possible and allowed me to feel this special atmosphere on the pitch.” Ten minutes earlier, we had already found rather folkloric the entry of Dani Alves into Eder Militão square. Same joy for the former Parisian when explaining the usefulness of of such turnover.
“I am happy to have played. a few minutes and for having helped as I can to achieve the goal. A lot of people don’t realize this, but it’s thanks to the (largely revamped) squad that played against Cameroon that we were able to put this intensity; because the other players had had time to recover.”
To ignite or to relativize, what conclusions can be drawn after Korea?
The question being: what lessons can be drawn from a meeting folded in half an hour against an opponent already happy to have arrived severe; and probably too aware of his inferiority; on paper (not taking away the fact that the Seleção gave birth to a match of d’glingos) ?
- Brazil has used all its players:Consequence of the WTF replacement of Alisson at ten minutes from the end, Tite is the first coach to; having used all his players in this World Cup. The equivalent of a bronze trophy on Playstation adapted to real life.
- Neymar held on:And he even scored; on penalty. But he was not far from cracking the day of his injury against Serbia. “I cried” all night afterwards, but everything went well; in the end., confided; the Parisian. Çwas worth staying until’ 11:00 a.m. the next day with physio, then every day after.” At 30 years old, the Ney finally discovers the benefits of invisible training. Better late than never.
- Joga Bonito is not dead: Richarlison's goal is proof of that. A series of juggles from the head to the good memory of the Kerlon fraud, then a game out of step with… Thiago Silva and Marquinhos to wrap it all up with lizard-like composure. In the press gallery, everyone applauded, some stood up. And we, in the middle, we wondered how long it had been since the Seleção had us so thrilled.
- And Pelé lives in hearts:A little tifo – still in English, we'll come back for authenticity. – restless quickly in the second half and sweet words from the stars of the Seleção, the king had his share of light in this glorious round of 16 World Cup. ““It’s hard to talk about “he, but I wish him the best, that he recovers as soon as possible. I hope it’s been brought to him. take comfort in our victory,” Neymar. Vinicius goes even further. “This victory is for him, we hope that everything will be fine, that he will come out of this and that we will be champions for him.” Chick?
- Little knows also do Richarlison's Pigeon Dance:In VO “ a dança do pombo” is the hallmark of the Tottenham striker. Inspired to a sound of Mc Faísca e os Perseguidores – who reacted after the match – the move consists of imitate the flapping of wings, the shaking of the head and even the sounds of the pigeon. “It was agreed before the game, laughed Richarlison after the game. Tite called me. and asked me to teach him the dança do Pombo”. The experienced, reputable coach for his almost European coldness, is determined to to s’ bottom before leaving the Brazil bench after the World Cup. And he’s not the only one. For each pawn marked, the players invent a different dance. Vinicius has no intention of quitting. “I hope we will continue to dance until the final !”
- It is better not to leave too much! boarding against this team: The Real Madrid striker has no doubt, in a burst of self-satisfaction, given a clue on what you should not do against this Auriverde selection. “Today [Monday] we faced a team that left us space, and when we are given space, it’s complicated; for opponents.” Josko Gvardiol takes note.
- Croatia is interested in; recover well: In their misfortune, the Croats will have four days to recover from the 120 minutes + one penalty shoot-out that qualifying against Japan cost. Four days at; go to the massage room, on a bicycle, in cryotherapy and in the nap room. Because opposite, the Brazilians are fresh as roaches. They can thank Grandpa Alves and Weverton for ça.