Relevant information for many.
Heartburn is a common symptom of indigestion, which comes from those who irregularly eats, overeats, and in people with obesity, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to Browser.
This page on the social network Facebook wrote dietician Svetlana FUS.
Heartburn ariseswhen the acidic contents of the stomach back enters the esophagus (called reflux), causing irritation of the esophagus and manifests as an unpleasant feeling of burning or heat of varying duration and strength.
As noted by the nutritionist, the acidic content erodes the lining of the esophagus, and in fact, there is a chemical burn. Normal this prevents the sphincter — the circular muscle between the stomach and the esophagus that closes tightly after the food reaches the stomach.
The nutritionist noted that there are two main causes of heartburn: weakness of the sphincter and excessive production by the stomach of hydrochloric acid.
Heartburn symptoms can occur due to the following factors:
- Violation of diet: irregular eating, eating on the go, poor chewing, overeating.
- Frequent use of “irritating” foods: fried, spicy, fatty, and caffeinated soft drinks, fresh pastries, etc.
- Bad habits and environmental factors: Smoking, alcohol abuse, chronic stress
- Taking certain medicines.
- Diseases of the digestive system: gastritis with high acidity, peptic ulcer, diseases of the biliary system and pancreas.
- Increased intra-abdominal pressure: wearing tight clothes, lifting weights. The chances that acid reflux and heartburn will develop, increase in obesity. According to nutritionist, with increased body weight occurs constantly increased pressure in the abdominal cavity, and it weakens the lower sphincter of the esophagus.
- Pregnancy is one of the causes of heartburn in women in this period of life.
As noted by the nutritionist, not to provoke the appearance of heartburn, it is necessary to normalize the diet, to limit the foods that irritate the stomach, give up bad habits, healthy weight, etc.
“I recommend to forget about overeating; to abandon physical activity and “lying” after meals for 15-20 minutes; dinner 2-3 hours before bedtime; wear loose clothing. A list of foods that can aggravate heartburn, is large enough. From the diet to avoid fatty and fried foods, spicy seasonings and sauces, coffee, strong tea and chocolate, fizzy drinks, acidic fruits and vegetables,” said the doctor.
According to the FUS, you should listen to your feelings. If the products that are listed, do not provoke heartburn, remove them from the diet is not required. Need to monitor their quantity and frequency of use. During pregnancy, to prevent the occurrence of heartburn, can reduce some of the volume of food at each meal and increase their frequency. And to keep track of which foods cause heartburn.
“To deal with heartburn medicines or folk remedies should not be alone. And while in pharmacies there are lots of tools that can reduce the symptoms of the disease, their prolonged use is dangerous to health. Heartburn is most often a temporary disease. But if it occurs repeatedly and regularly is alarming. Then a doctor’s consultation, examination and treatment of causes of heartburn, as effective treatment must be preceded by a correct diagnosis,” — said the doctor.