PEPITES (5/10) “Spaghetti with lipstick” by Fabien Arca was published in January 2022 by Espaces 34
Lipstick Spaghetti — Spaces 34
- Favorite readings are something to be shared and our community recommends to you each day one of the ten novels selected among the Nuggets of the Montreuil Children's Book Fair.
- Today, a novel from the category “junior fiction” (7-11 years old), “Spaghetti with lipstick” by Fabien Arca, published on January 13, 2022 by Éditions Espaces 34.
Christian Dorsan, author, blogger and contributor to the 20 Minutes Books reading group, recommends Spaghetti au rouge & àgrave; lipsby Fabien Arca, published on January 13, 2022 by Espaces 34 and selected; among the Pépites for the best junior novel (7-11 years old) at the Salon du livre et de la presse jeunesse, from November 30 to December 5 at Montreuil.
His favorite quote:
My Duster, you know, a mom never leaves completely; ment, she always remains there, in the heart of her child. It’s also the magic of a mom who has to go.
Why this book?
- Because this book is touching.The little boy, Plumeau, is very affected. by the departure of his mother, Fabien Arca describes with accuracy and in a few words, the feeling of abandonment. There is no overbidding in the idleness of this little boy, but a lot of simplicity. and calligrams that lead us into his misfortune.
- Because the dad plays an important role, and it’s him who will « heal” Duster of his melancholy through play, imagination and laughter. Maybe it's there. the birth of a complicity between father and son?
- Because children's books sometimes have virtuesor are examples. The young reader will learn with this book that a dad can replace a mom at a given time. and that a mother, where whoever she is, is never separated from her children.
The essentials in 2 minutes
< strong>The plot. A man facing a the ocean remembers that as a child, his oceanographer mother had gone on a mission and that her departure had made him lose his appetite.
The characters. Duster the little boy, his oceanographer mom and his dreamy dad.
The places. A city and the ocean .
The time. Current.
The author. Fabien Arca is an author of theâ ;being for children. Several times awarded, he also writes radio dramas for France Inter.
This book has been published. read with tenderness. Fabien Arca has the talent to tell a simple story and bring the grief of a child to life. For ages 6-8.
buy on amazon
Want to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 Minutes of Context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission that helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, produce their files and their reviews independently, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added afterwards, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thank you in advance to all those who will click!