In the Alpes-Maritimes, several cities have been activated to provide cycle tracks are more and more numerous in order to encourage people to opt for the bicycle rather than the car at the time of the déconfinement.France 2
The bike could be one of the big winners of this phasing-out of the health crisis. In the Alpes-Maritimes, municipalities try in any case to encourage the population to opt for this method of travel while the déconfinement is brewing in the country. A major bike path has been extended to reach Antibes to Nice. “This area here, this was before the parking lot. It devolved now to the cyclists so really for that after the déconfinement, people can use their bike rather than take the car to make their journey to work, “insists Christelle Cazenave of the directorate of roads and infrastructure pole bike in the Alpes-Maritimes department.
Nice invests heavily in bike paths
The city of Nice takes the bet and is also trying to encourage them to adopt this method of travel. 11 km are already ready for Monday, may 11, the overall surface area of cycle paths is expected to double by the end of the month of may. An initiative that is attractive, even if some concerns still exist. “We are delighted, it starts, but it should not finish there, in the hope that the motorists respect us“, wishes a cyclist nice.
- JT 13h Thursday, may 7, 2020 The integral
The other subjects of JT
- 1 Coronavirus : a premium for employees in long-term care facilities
- 2 Coronaviruses : what will the plan déconfinement ?
- 3 Coronavirus : the fear of a second wave epidemic
Coronavirus : investigations on patients via general practitioners
- 5 India : at least eleven dead after an explosion in a factory
- 6 United States : a couple of caregivers becomes the symbol of the country
- 7 Coronavirus : the great cleaning before the déconfinement
- 8 Coronavirus : the great return of the hygiaphone
Containment : the tax declarations of concern
- 10 Coronavirus : a reopening of the museums under multiple conditions
- 11 Emmanuel Macron, a chair turned upside-down by multiple business
- 12 Déconfinement, recovery, transport, aid to the cultivation… The press review of Samuel Ètienne.
Gorges du Verdon : a protected area after long battles
- 14 Coronavirus : the puzzle, the new fad of the French
- 15 #OnVousRépond : instructions to be followed to resume classes at home
- 16 Containment : with these French working