Due to a union conflict, they announce a subway stoppage for this Thursday night

Due to a union conflict, they announce a subway stoppage for this Thursday night

Spread the love

Due to a union conflict, they announce a subway stoppage for this Thursday night

The Metrodelegates announced that this Thursday from 8pm until the service closes there will be no subways nor will the Premetro work. They demand that his guardian position be restored to a worker, to whom the Metrovías company does not recognize a medical discharge.

“From the Trade Union Association of Subway and Premetro Workers (AGTSyP) we announce that on Thursday 9/16 from 20 to the closing of the service, the 6 subway lines and the Premetro will be interrupted due to the refusal of the Metrovías de assign tasks to our colleague Carlos Toledo, “says the statement from the Metrodelegates.

As currently the subway works until 9 or 9:30 p.m., depending on the line and the header, this measure of force will affect the last trains. From the union they explain that the least possible impact was sought for the passengers.

The Metrodelegates had already been complaining about the same conflict, although without results. “Carlos Toledo is a guard on the C line -explains Enrique Rosito, the press secretary of the AGTSyP-. Two years ago he had a column operation, in which a prosthesis was placed. They gave him medical discharge but not work, because he had an inflammation that did not allow him to work as a guard, so they temporarily relocated him to a ticket office. “

Finally, says Rosito, Toledo received the labor discharge that enabled him to return to his guard post. “But the Metrovías company refused to reinstall it. More than six months went by and the company did not accept the medical or labor discharges that he presented several times, “the metrodelegate explained.

The subway service will be interrupted at 20. Photo Federico Imas

Toledo appealed to the Justice and, at the beginning of August, a ruling of the National Labor Court No. 11 ordered that he be reinstated in his job as a guard. “But, since then, the company has ignored the court order,” says the statement announcing the strike.

“The company does not comply with the court order to restore his position and send him from one side to the other. On Friday, the medical service told him that they were going to review him and that they were going to evaluate whether he was able to go back to work as a guard, when he already has his medical discharge, “adds Rosito.

“We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause this self defense measure to the passengers and we call Metrovías to reflect so that it desists from its illegal actions and immediately complies with the judge’s ruling, “concludes the statement from the Metrodelegates.

NS