The essence of a conscious power.
A new diet called “Hourglass” has already gained a lot of followers in the UK and the US, and its founders are scientists Duke University Ruth Wolever and Beth Reardon. They combined psychology and nutrition to create a specific system effective weight loss, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to My child.
Starts diet for the figure “hourglass”, not with starvation or rigid, and self-knowledge. Experts believe that only understanding yourself will allow you to learn to eat right and choose healthy foods.
Diet “Hourglass” — features
The new diet included a set of techniques called mindfulness (from the English. Mindfulness — awareness, thoughtfulness). It is a peculiar European adaptation of Buddhist insight meditation.
So, the followers focus on each moment, focusing on experiencing feelings in the moment, and not relying on past negative experience.
Thanks to the Ruth Wolever and Beth Reardon person can pay attention to their unhealthy attitude to food. The idea was to eventually change the behavior that previously led to weight gain.
The diet consists of simple exercises, techniques and tips that motivate you to give up the habit of overeating due to stress or loneliness, thereby allowing to obtain the desired figure.
As scientists have found, it takes about 16 months to develop a conscious attitude to food, to follow the new skills and noticeably lose weight.
How to follow a diet of “Hourglass”
The first step is to develop the awareness to life and nourishment. As soon as the understanding about what you eat and how much, and what emotions you feel, you will want to change your life and relationship to food.
The creators of the diet believe, you will begin to understand yourself and to share the desire to eat due to hunger from episodes of eating from loneliness or boredom.
How to develop awareness in nutrition: exercise
People who do exercise diet “Hourglass” at the end stopped eating everything, learned to look after themselves, and got rid of the extra pounds and most importantly — I have found a balance and improved immunity.
The creators of the power supply system claim, the more practice, the faster you can change harmful habits and become slimmer.
In this exercise, the main thing is to observe your sensations. Do it three times a day, to develop awareness.
- Stop and look around. What do you see? Imagine if he had been in this place for the first time. Think of how describe his guest.
- Close your eyes and listen. What’s going around?
- Take a deep breath. What do you feel?
- What feels your body?
- What makes the mind? Remember? Regrets about something? Plans?
Exercise “20 breaths”
This exercise will help to overcome the desire to eat once again, and learn to ignore the distractions.
- Sit down and close your eyes.
- Imagine that the abdomen swells and shrinks when you exhale and inhale like a balloon. Exhale is the air coming out of the ball.
- Count to ten: “the first inhale — exhale first.” Then with a countdown from nine to zero.
- Think of each breath as a different event.
Diet Hourglass: the top five rules
- Before the meal, ask yourself: am I really hungry? How much I eat and when to stop?
- Use a small plate. Half of it may take vegetables, one quarter protein of animal and vegetable origin, the second is a slow carbohydrates.
- Eat slowly. After 10 spoons stop and listen to your feelings.
- Eating half a serving, take a ten minute break. So the stomach will digest food and the brain can recognize the signals of satiety.
- If you already ate, and the food is still left, put it in the fridge until the next meal. No need to overeat!
What foods to eat for the figure “hourglass
Special prohibitions in the food is not. You should always eat Breakfast and dinner before it gets dark. Also in the menu of the day should include a certain number of products, for example, 9 servings of vegetables. That is, during the day you can use 9 different vegetables.
- Fruits and vegetables: 9 servings of vegetables and 2-3 servings of fruit (as a main meal or snack)
- Whole grain products: 3 to 5 servings per day.
- Protein: 6 to 9 servings of fish, lean beef, chicken, meat of pig and Turkey and cheese, cooked beans, nuts, eggs etc.
- Healthy fats: 9 to 11 servings per day of olive oil, butter, avocado, oils cold-pressed, etc.
- Sugar: you can substitute a plant extract stevia or honey, but in moderation.