The streaming platforms They came to stay and they completely changed the way of consuming audiovisual products. Currently we carry a collection of series, films and documentaries in the form of a cell phone in our pocket to watch in a waiting room, in the car, on the beach or even in the bathroom.
However, when the user makes use of these platforms through their respective mobile applications, data consumption skyrockets, especially if there is no availability of a WiFi network.
Each platform has its own characteristics, but there are ways for them to be seen Netflix, HBO, Apple TV or Disney + consuming the least amount of megabytes of the monthly data plan.
Here we tell you how to configure each of them so that they consume as little as possible and do not have problems at the end of the month.
Netflix has more than 160 million users worldwide. Photo: AFP
One of the most popular streaming platforms is undoubtedly Netflix. And as such there are several tricks to consume less data when viewing a series or movie.
First of all you have to know that this platform allows download almost all its contents, so if you want to see a movie or series without consuming a mega, you can download them previously.
The site itself indicates some consumption data when we are viewing content. We refer to the quality of the video. Therefore, if you want to reduce consumption, you should modify the video quality parameters:
- Low: approximately 0.3 GB per hour on each device.
- Average: 0.7 GB per hour for each device that plays your content.
- High: up to 3 GB per hour in HD and 7 GB per hour if we opt for Ultra HD.
- Automatic: it adjusts automatically and changes depending on the speed of our Internet connection.
To do so, you must access the platform through the browser and follow these steps:
How to reduce data consumption on Netflix from your cell phone
- Open the Netflix application and click on your profile.
- Go to the “App Settings”.
- Click on “Use of mobile data” and select the option that suits you best: Automatic, WiFi only, Save data or Maximum data.
HBO Max is available in Argentina and Latin America from the end of June
Unlike Netflix, the streaming platform of the US network does not have any kind of mobile data saving system, so the best option is to download the content that interests us previously or access through a WiFi network.
How to pre-download a movie or series on HBO
- Access your HBO account from the application or browser.
- Select the content to download and access the file of the film, documentary or series.
- In the upper right part of the title you will see the download button, which you have to press.
- In this way, you will have the content downloaded and you can view it without consuming data.
What if …? The latest Marvel series. Disney Photo
The platform’s audiovisual content library Disney + also has systems that allow you to save data from the application of the mobile device, both in its version for mobile devices with Android and iOS (Apple).
How to reduce data consumption in the Disney + app
- I opened the Disney + app on Android or iOS.
- Log in and select your profile.
- Press the button of our profile that is in the lower right corner.
- Then you must access “Settings”.
- In the ‘Use of mobile data’ section, choose the option that interests you the most, taking into account that the one with which we are going to save the most – if we cannot access a WiFI network – is “Save data”.
Ted Lasso, the Apple TV series about a DT.
The application allows you to download the content beforehand and view it without the need to consume a single mega. In addition, it is also possible to reduce the playback quality of the videos and achieve less consumption.
To do this, the user must comply with a series of steps in the mobile application:
- Open the iOS Settings.
- Find and tap the TV section.
- In this section “iTunes Video” you have to select “Mobile data” and from there access the option that best suits you.
Amazon Prime Video
Amazon Prime Video.
The content platform of the e-commerce giant also allows you to limit the consumption of mobile data reducing the quality of video playback.
How to reduce data consumption from the Prime Video app
- Go to the Prime Video app.
- From “My space”, which is in the lower right part of the screen.
- Click on the settings symbol, located at the top right.
- Select “Play & Download.”
- Click on “Streaming playback quality”.
- Choose the option ‘Data saving’ -which consumes 0.14 GB in an hour- if you want to save megabytes.
With information from La Vanguardia.