A month ago, the actor expressed that there were many fake accounts that were using his name
September 18, 2020 Share on FacebookShare Share on TwitterTweet Share on WhatsAppShare Identity theft from José Eduardo Derbez! (Video: YouTube / Image Entertainment)
Last month José Eduardo Derbez warned his fans that he was a victim of identity theft and that someone else was trying to scam some of his followers. Now, the son of Victoria Ruffo broke the silence about this situation .
In an interview on the show “First Hand”, Derbez revealed how things happened and how it was thanks to his friends and fans, he found out about the fake online profiles. They not only used his image, but also uploaded recordings of his famous parents.
“I saw that it was a video with my mom and me, but a very old video from a long, long time ago and I didn't quite understand what it was […] Because apparently there was an image of my dad and then a video of my mom and me I don't know, it was very weird, ”explained Derbez.
Within these accounts, what they seemed to do was ask the actor's fans for money, and from what Derbez understood, they then gave it to someone else.
The actor said that they were using both his image and his mother's (Photo: José Eduardo Derbez's Instagram)
“ I think they were asking people for money and then giving it to someone else . I don't know, the point is that many were buying it, “he added.
In addition, the people who created these profiles were not enough to use the actor's name, but also chose to use the identity of their manager, Raúl Xumalin. Seeing that more and more people were involved, the actor decided to record the video that he uploaded to his Instagram story, to clean his image.
” They were also using the name of my manager, so I decided to upload a video clarifying things, ” he commented.
However, this was not the worst. What worried the actor the most was that they were offering jobs to young women on his behalf.
Eugenio Derbez was also the victim of a similar situation (Photo: José Eduardo's Instagram)
“ They began to summon girls too, telling them that they were going to make them actresses . Yes, it is very dangerous but hey, that's why my social networks have the little information that they are verified, ”he explained.
For now, Eugenio Derbez's son hopes that people will be a little more cautious when surfing the internet. And that they pay attention to the accounts of the people that are verified, to have more security.
“That people be careful, that they be more careful not to believe the first thing in everything and ask for data, information, that the parents are pending. It is a very dangerous situation and very difficult to control ”, he asserted.
However, the 28-year-old actor simply limited himself to the situation and said that at the moment he does not plan to make any legal complaint.
The actor confessed that he will not make a complaint by legal means (Photo: José Eduardo Derbez / Youtube)
“I only uploaded a video clarifying things. It's very difficult, that is, how many people don't do that, you can't dedicate yourself to denouncing all those people , that's what I feel ”, he concluded.
In mid-August, José Eduardo Derbez uploaded a video on his social network where he warned people not to get carried away by what they were posting on some fake Facebook and Instagram accounts.
“Hear nothing more to clarify several things. There is a person who on Facebook is saying that some money , that he is using my image, that of my mother and a video that my mother and I made a long time ago. It's not us, it's not me ”, he clarified at the time.
In addition to this, he added that they were also giving a WhatsApp number , in which they were reaching out to people.
“There is another person posing as me on Instagram and apart from offering work to many girls, it is not me either, just to make it super clear and do not believe everything they say. He even has a WhatsApp with my photo and he has a thousand things, ”he urged the public.