Jacques Boissinot The Canadian Press François Legault said he consulted the “short version” of the studies only. He subsequently declined to disclose cost estimates for the time being. “I'm told these are rough estimates,” he explained.
Prime Minister François Legault ignores the cost of the new version of the third link presented by his government.
“No”, he replied Wednesday when the solidarity deputy Gabriel Nadeau-Dubois asked him if he had looked at the cost estimates for the new project.
The elected official wanted to know if Mr. Legault had had access to an unredacted version of documents detailing the costs of a third link dedicated to public transit. Last week, the Minister of Transport made several studies public, but Quebec hid the cost of the planned new link between Quebec and Lévis.
Mr. Legault said he viewed the “short version” of the studies only. He subsequently declined to disclose cost estimates for the time being. “I'm told these are rough estimates,” he explained. “I wouldn't want to start a public debate with numbers that aren't validated.
The Prime Minister then pledged to reveal the estimates once they are “valid, valid and validated”.
Mr. Legault also revealed that the project office on the completion of a third link has cost $28.6 million since 2018. “Essentially, it's compensation for professional fees,” he said. And the work done will be “very useful for the project we are keeping”, he added. He then answered questions from the Leader of the Official Opposition, Marc Tanguay.
More details will follow.
- “I will not apologize”, says François Legault about the third link
- 8000 pages later, the CAQ still appears confused about the third link