PEPITES (3/10) “Thank you for the tenderness” by Myren Duval and Emma Constant was published in August 2022 by Rouergue
Thank you for the tenderness — Rouergue
- Favorite readings are something to be shared and our community recommends to you each day one of the ten novels selected among the Nuggets of the Montreuil Children's Book Fair.
- Today, a novel from the category “junior fiction” (7-11 years old), “Thank you for tenderness” by Myren Duval and Emma Constant was published on August 31, 2022 by Éditions Rouergue
Christian Dorsan, author, blogger and contributor to the 20 Minutes Books reading group, recommends Thank you for the tendernessby Myren Duval and Emma Constant, published on August 31, 2022 by Éditions Rouergue and selected; among the Pépites for the best junior novel (7-11 years old) at the Salon du livre et de la presse jeunesse, from November 30 to December 5 at Montreuil.
His favorite quote:
I watch my clothes spinning in the washing machine. wash. They seem to be having a good laugh in their wet-foamy carousel. Afterwards, I will lay them out in the garden, for them it’s tree climbing. I think it’s the life of a suit. It is better to be a garment than a child to wear. my opinion.
Why this book?
- Because this book offers a skillful way < /strong>to discuss the problem of depression with the children. Doudou, a little girl, finds herself face to face with; a sick mother. We assume a past. pain from which she can’t manage to get clear. It is this relationship that is told in this book, a loving relationship between a daughter who takes care of her mother while her mother lets herself go.
- Because the family is not only reduced to; mother and father but also uncles and aunts, cousins, etc. Here it’s the aunt who takes over from the mother. Myren Duval shares with us with a lot of humor and vivacity, the exchanges between Doudou and his Tata, behind all this energy, hides an immense tenderness.
- Because this book is a treasure for its illustrations, worthy of a comic strip: we follow box by box the summer. of Doudou thanks to Emma Constant’s magic brush.
The essentials in 2 minutes
The plot. Doudou is a bubbly little girl full of imagination whose mother is sick. For the holidays, it is her Tata who will take her out and take care of her. Chronicle of a summer of tenderness.
The characters. Doudou, a dynamic and mischievous little girl, her Mum, sick, immersed in the past, and her Tata, colorful .
Time. A summer.
The author. Myren Duval is a traveler, she is the author of several youth novels. Emma Constant is a Belgian illustrator from a family background who is steeped in comics.
This book has been created. read with fun and serious, Doudou’s relationships with his mother and aunt are quite distinct, proof that children adapt to and take care of adults. The illustrations are dynamic, a real pleasure to read. From 9 years old.
buy on amazon
Would you like to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 Minutes of Context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission that helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, produce their files and their reviews independently, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added afterwards, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thank you in advance to all those who will click!