Match of the 38th round of the hockey extra league: HC Motor České Budějovice – Rytíři Kladno, January 15, 2023 in České Budějovice. From the left, Jaromír Jágr from Kladno and Roman Vráblík from České Budějovice.
Prague – In a direct battle between the worst teams of the hockey extra league, České Budějovice can condemn Kladno to participation in the play-off on Friday. The engine will avoid it for sure if it gets three points in the penultimate round of the regular season. Liberec and Hradec Králové are in a big fight for the last free place between the elite quartet, who will be able to look forward to the quarter-finals of the playoffs if they gain one more point than the White Tigers on Friday.
Photo gallery: Hockey extra league 2022/23
České Budějovice have won only one of their last eight games, and won only one point from the last four games at home. And they are just one point ahead of Kladno. “Nobody will look at the previous results. We have one more point, which maybe gives us some advantage, but we have to take it at home. People will push us, even if we play what we play. And those performances are not ideal at all. However, I hope that we will cheer and we will win,” forward Matěj Toman told the club's website.
The match will be spicy for home coach David Čermák, who at the end of last year led the Knights to a successful playoff series against Jihlava (4:1 on matches). Then he headed to the south of Bohemia and during the season moved from the role of assistant to the position of head coach.
Kladno hockey players missed the opportunity to improve their position – they played the last three games at home, but scored only one point in them. They won the first mutual duel of the season with Jihočechy 2:1, but then they lost twice 1:6 and 2:6, so in the final calculation they will need to have at least a point on top of Motor.
“We talked about this match back in December. Unfortunately, it finally came down to it – we are going to Budějovice with the understanding that we will play for everything there. We have to win there and preferably by three points. If we want to avoid a tie, then for us there is no other result,” assistant coach Pavel Skrbek admitted that the team of playing owner Jaromír Jágr refuses to rely on miracles in Sunday's final round.
There will also be a lot in the bank in Karlovy Vary, where Liberec will present itself. The home team is within two points of eighth place, which is Brno and which means entry into the preliminary round of the playoffs at home. “However, it's not just about the top eight, but also about finishing the regular season in a good mood and playing well. We would like to transfer that to the preliminary round, because you certainly don't want to go there after two losses,” said defender Tomáš Havlín for the club's website.< /p>
After a seven-match winning streak, Liberec is also in fourth place with a two-point deficit. “We are working hard now, the last quarter we are practically playing a small playoff and we deservedly won the chance to slip into the top four,” said experienced forward Michal Birner.
Sparta also significantly improved the initially very unsuccessful season. On Tuesday, the people of Prague could replace Vítkovice in second place, but they did not succeed against Olomouc (1:2 after sam. raids). “There are still two games to go and it's still open,” said striker David Tomášek. “It would be great if we could reach second place, but if we don't succeed, even third is great for us,” added coach Miloslav Hořava.
Hradec Králové stretched the club record to ten wins in a row, but when they tried for the eleventh, they lost to Mladá Boleslav 3:4 after raids, even though they were leading 3:2 after two periods. “We didn't work as well as we should have. And it got our revenge in the third period,” said assistant coach Petr Svoboda.
Vítkovice has a better position in the races for second place. They can secure it in the match with Brno. “Kometa has been in form recently. We have to be careful about their power plays, which they have players who can play and finish. Discipline will be the deciding factor again and we have to give a 100 percent performance from the defense,” said coach of the Ostrava club Miloš Holaň. They don't solve the table that much. “I'm more interested in the game shown towards the playoffs. That's really what interests me the most. We don't have second place in our heads that much,” Holaň added.
Kometa has won seven times in the last ten games and only failed to score twice. In the effort to stay in the top eight, however, two teams from the highest positions are waiting for them – after the duel in Ostrava, the Brno host Sparta on Sunday. “They will be difficult matches,” said forward Tomáš Vincour.
Olomouc has not been doing well lately, and it is also struggling with a large-scale bankruptcy. Against Třinec, the seventh-ranked Hanáci can secure a start in the preliminary round at home. “For me, it doesn't matter where we start. The important thing is that we play the way we need to. We have to start it again. I hope that it will go again from the Sparta match,” said goalkeeper Jan Lukáš.
Třinec will probably finish sixth after the regular season. Theoretically, they can still skip Liberec, who lose six points and have better matches against each other. He has the same lead over Olomouc, with whom he did not score a single point in three games this season. The Steelers' coach Zdeněk Moták therefore admitted before the duel with Hanáky that it will be important for the team to gain game comfort before the playoffs. on his side,” noted Moták, whose wards have lost 11 of the last 14 matches. They lost fourth place and direct progress to the quarterfinals. “Unfortunately, we are struggling at the moment,” admitted Marko Daňo, who will defend the position of the league's top scorer. He has a lead of four goals.
For a long time, Pardubice, the winner of the regular season, lost four of their last six games, and now they will welcome Litvínov. The home side need to adjust their form to fight for the title. “There are more reasons why the last few games were unsuccessful on our part. The main ones are expulsions and unnecessary puck losses,” forward Lukáš Sedlák said.
Litvínov awaits the preliminary round and it is clear that he will start it outside his arena, but it is not yet clear against which opponent. North Bohemia is separated from Dynamo by an abysmal 45 points, but in the season they managed to torment the leader every time – they lost the matches against each other 0:1 after raids, 0:1 and 1:2.
The twelfth Mladá Boleslav hosts the tenth Plzeň, to which they lose four points. The West Bohemians have already lost seven times in a row and won only one point during the unsuccessful streak. The matches between each other in the season so far have been extremely balanced – one ended in a goal, one in overtime and one in raids. The Indians rejoiced twice.
Statistical data before Friday's matches of the 51st round of the extra league:
HC Motor České Budějovice (13th) – Rytíři Kladno (14th).
< p>Start of the match: 18:00 (O2 TV Sport).
Mutual matches this season: 1:2, 6:1, 6:2.
Most productive players: Lukáš Pech 48 games/46 points (8 goals + 38 assists) – Tomáš Plekanec 50/47 (15 +32).
Goalkeeping statistics: Jan Strmeň average 2.64 goals conceded per match, save success rate 91.18 percent and kept a clean sheet once, Dominik Hrachovina 2.97 and 89.60 – Adam Brízgala 2 .90, 90.77 and two clean sheets, Landon Bow 3.52 and 88.61.
– In the event of a victory in regular time, Motor secures 13th place and avoids the playoff to stay in the extraleague.
– Positively, if it comes out empty-handed, it will have to defend participation in the extraleague in the playoff, just like last year , when from 14th place they ran into the winners of the first league Jihlava and won 4:1 on the matches. After the regular season, it was penultimate, and when participants were reduced from 15 teams, Zlín was directly last.
– České Budějovice did not score twice in a row and lost seven of the last eight matches.
– Motor has lost four times in a row at home and won a single point.
– Kladno has lost three times in a row and won a single point.
– The Knights, who will appear on the road after a series of three home duels, off their ice after a series of five defeats, they last won 3:0 in Pilsen.
– Engine won four of the last seven mutual matches.
– Striker Lukáš Vopelka from České Budějovice celebrates his 27th birthday today. birthday.
– Canadian defender Jake Dotchin can play his 100th game in the Czech Extraliga on Sunday against Karlovy Vary.
HC Vítkovice Ridera (2nd) – HC Kometa Brno (8th).
Start of the match: 18:00.
Inter-matches this season: 1:2, 4:1 , 5:2.
Most productive players: Roberts Bukarts 50/47 (21+26) – Petr Holík 50/45 (12+33).
Goalkeeper statistics: Aleš Stezka 2 ,14, 92.41 and five clean sheets, Lukáš Klimeš 2.15 and 92.57 – Dominik Furch 2.27, 92.65 and six clean sheets, Marek Čiliak 3.36, 89.95 and one clean sheet account.
– If Vítkovice gets two more points than Sparta and Hradec Králové, they will secure second place and participation in the next year's Champions League.
– After a series of four defeats, Ostrava won five of the last six games.
– Vítkovice won only two of the past seven matches at home.
– Kometa scored in four of the last five duels and won three of them.
– The Brno team scored points in three of the past matches away from home. four matches and won two of them.
– Ostrava have won six of the last seven matches.
– Striker Petr Holík from Kometa will celebrate his 31st birthday on Friday, defender Marko Hrbas will turn 30 on Saturday.
– Slovakian defender Juraj Mikuš from Vítkovice can play his 500th game in the Czech extra league, goalkeeper Aleš Stezka could catch his 100th duel in the domestic top competition.
HC Energie Karlovy Vary (9th) – Bílí Tigři Liberec (5th).
Start of the match: 18:00.
Inter-matches this season: 4:3 after sam. raids, 0:2, 1:3.
Most productive players: Tomáš Rachůnek 48/29 (6+23) – Oscar Flynn 49/37 (21+16).
Goalkeeping statistics: Vladislav Habal 2.54, 90.69 and kept one clean sheet, Štěpán Lukeš 3.04, 90.45 and kept a clean sheet three times, Petr Hamalčík 4.50 and 85.00 – Petr Kváča 2.11, 92.54 and kept a clean sheet once, Jakub Neužil 3.11, 90.09 and kept a clean sheet once, Daniel Král 3.84 and 85.45.
– Karlovy Vary won four of the last seven matches.
– After two games without a point at home, Energie defeated České Budějovice 5:1 last Sunday.
– Liberec won seven times in a row and lost only two points.
– The White Tigers won three times away from home. in a row and did not lose a single point.
– Liberec scored seven times in a row in mutual matches and won six of them.
– He can return to the Liberec lineup after serving a one-game disciplinary penalty for a foul on forward Tomáš Čachotský from České Budějovice forward Petr Jelínek.
– Defender Matěj Stříteský from Karlovy Vary can play his 700th match in the extra league.
– Forward Michal Birner from Liberec celebrates his 37th birthday today. He is also one goal short of reaching 100 goals in the extra league.
HC Sparta Praha (3rd) – Mountfield Hradec Králové (4th).
Beginning match: 18:00.
Head-to-head matches this season: 2:3, 2:1, 4:3 in extra time.
Most productive players: Michal Řepík 47/37 (24 +13) – Jakub Lev 50/38 (15+23).
Goalkeeper statistics: Jakub Kovář 2.15, 91.54 and six clean sheets, Josef Kořenář 2.26, 90.10 and two clean sheets – Henri Kiviaho 1.85, 92.45 and seven clean sheets.
– If Hradec Králové gets one more point than Liberec in Karlovy Vary, they will secure fourth place and direct participation in the quarterfinals.
< p>– After a streak of five victories, Sparta lost two of the last four games.
– After a streak of eight wins, the team from Prague last lost to Olomouc 1:2 after separate raids on Tuesday.
– After a series of ten victories, Hradec lost at home to Mladá Boleslav 3:4 after separate raids.
– Mountfield won four times in a row away from home and did not lose a single point.
– Sparta scored in ten of the past eleven matches and won nine of them
– Swedish forward Erik Thorell from Sparta will celebrate his 31st birthday on Friday.
HC Dynamo Pardubice (1. ) – HC Verva Litvínov (11th).
Start of the match: 18:00.
Inter-matches this season: 1:0 after sam. raids, 1:0, 2:1.
Most productive players: Lukáš Radil 47/40 (14+26) – Šimon Stránský 44/36 (8+28).
Goalkeeper statistics: Roman Will 2.09, 92.28 and five saves clean sheet, Jan Růžička 2.98, 87.68 and kept a clean sheet once, Dominik Frodl 1.37, 94.61 and kept a clean sheet three times, Milan Klouček 2.00 and 89.47 – Šimon Zajíček 2.67, 91 .18 and kept a clean sheet once, Matej Tomek 1.88, 92.74 and twice kept a clean sheet, Denis Godla 3.08 and 90.70.
Interesting points:< /p>
– Pardubice did not score twice in a row and lost four of the past six games.
– Dynamo came home empty-handed twice in a row after a series of four games.
– Litvínov won four times in a row and lost only two points.
– Verva won 2:1 in Mladá Boleslav last Friday after a series of four defeats.
– Pardubice won seven times in a row in mutual duels and lost only two points. Litvínov last succeeded on February 21, 2021, when he won 3:1 in Pardubice.
– Attacker Tomáš Zohorna from Pardubice could play his 500th match in the extra league on Sunday in Hradec Králové, and goalkeeper Roman Will could catch his 200th match in the domestic top flight in the East Bohemian derby.
HC Olomouc (7th) – HC Oceláři Třinec (6th).
Start of the match: 18:00.
Inter-matches this season: 3:2, 4:2 , 3:1.
Most productive players: Jan Káňa 41/32 (12+20) – Martin Růžička 50/50 (23+27).
Goalkeeper statistics: Jan Lukáš 2.38, 92.10 and five clean sheets, Branislav Konrád 2.52, 90.13 and three clean sheets – Marek Mazanec 2.12, 91.82 and three clean sheets, Ondřej Kacetl 2.39 and 90.09.
– Olomouc won only two of the last six matches and in both cases it was in the setup.
– Hanáci did not score at home twice in a row and won only one of the last four matches.
– Třinec, like Olomouc, is waiting for a full point gain in six matches. During them, the Steelers scored only three times and won once.
– The Steelers won only one of the last six matches away from home.
– Olomouc won four times in a row in mutual duels and did not lose a single point.
– Striker Daniel Kurovský from Třinec will celebrate on Saturday 25. birthday, defender Lukáš Kaňák will be 26 years old on Sunday.
BK Mladá Boleslav (12th) – HC Škoda Plzeň (10th).
Beginning of the match : 18:00.
Inter-matches this season: 2:1 after sam. raids, 0:1, 2:3 in overtime.
The most productive players: Róbert Lantoši 45/26 (7+19) – Petr Kodýtek 44/34 (15+19).
Goalkeeper statistics: Filip Novotný 2.21, 92.18 and four clean sheets, Gašper Krošelj 2.33 and 91.89 – Miroslav Svoboda 2.59, 92.00 and twice kept a clean sheet, Dominik Pavlát 2.57, 91.48 and twice kept a clean sheet.
– After a streak of six defeats, Mladá Boleslav won two of the last three games.
– The skating club lost four times in a row at home and did not get a single point.
– Plzeň has lost seven times in a row and won only one point. They have 12 games to get a full win, of which they won only three.
– Škoda lost six times in a row away from home and did not get a single point.
– Plzeň, who lost to Mlada Boleslav in the preliminary round last year after a 2:3 defeat in the matches, she scored in four of the past five matches and won three of them.
– Defender Jan Jaroměřský from Pilsen could play his 400th match in the extra league on Sunday against Český Budějovice.
Sunday, March 5 – round 52:
4:30 p.m. Mountfield Hradec Králové – HC Dynamo Pardubice (mutual matches this season: 2:5, 4:0, 1:4), HC Kometa Brno – HC Sparta Prague (3:2, 2:6, 3:5), HC Verva Litvínov – HC Olomouc (3:5, 5:3, 8:1), HC Škoda Plzeň – HC Motor České Budějovice (2:3 after own raids, 4:1, 4:3 in extra time), Bílí Tygři Liberec – HC Vítkovice Ridera (3:6, 2:3 after own raids, 0:2), Rytíri Kladno – HC Energie Karlovy Vary (3:4, 4:1, 2:4), HC Ocelári Třinec – BK Mladá Boleslav (3:2 in overtime, 3 :0, 0:1).