Illustration photo – Match of the 34th round of the hockey extra league: HC Vítkovice Ridera – HC Dynamo Pardubice, January 3, 2023, Ostrava. From the left, Lukáš Sedlák from Pardubice and Vítkovic goalkeeper Aleš Stezka.
Prague – In the 47th round of the Tipsport extra league on Friday, the hockey players of Pardubice have their first chance to celebrate the triumph in the regular part of the competition ahead of time. Dynamo has a 15-point lead over second-placed Vítkovice with six rounds to go. The third-placed Sparta still has a theoretical chance to win the President's Cup, which scored two points less, but has a game to play. The fight for fourth place will also continue, ensuring direct progress to the quarterfinals as well as for the last position and avoiding the play-off; the last three teams are separated by two points.
Photo gallery: Hockey extra league 2022/23
Pardubice beat Vítkovice three times in the season, but twice only in extra time and after separate raids. And even the third duel ended with only a goal difference. “We're looking forward to finally playing in front of our fans again and we definitely want to win. There's a (points) difference between us, but we go into every game with the goal of getting three points. We know we can run into them in the playoffs, so we want to beat them even now,” striker Tomáš Zeman said in a recording for the media.
Vítkovice beat Olomouc on Wednesday and won for the second time after a series of four defeats. However, coach Miloš Holaň drew attention to the high number of suspended players despite the three points. “Our discipline was, to put it politely, bad. We could have lost the result. In the playoffs, it could have taken its toll on us. We need to think about it,” said Holaň.
An important match in the fight for fourth place will take place in Třinec, which will welcome Hradec Králové. On Wednesday, it was Mountfield who replaced the Steelers in the last position, ensuring direct progress to the quarterfinals. Hradečti now have a point to their credit. The two teams met on Monday, when the East Bohemians won 4:3 at home in the playoff of the 8th round.
“I believe that we will do everything against Hradec in order to return to the top four and win a direct promotion to the quarterfinals,” striker Marko Daňo said on the club's website. “Character and discipline are decisive,” added teammate Andrej Nestrasil.
Hradec Králové scored seven times in a row. “Another match for four. It will definitely be a tough one, against a tough opponent. But I think we showed at home how we should play, and we'll take it to Třinec,” forward Jan Eberle said on the website. “Thanks to the series we have, we are moving up in the table, but it is not over yet. The hares are counted only after the chase. Now we are in the position of a team that will defend the fourth position, which is an encouragement for us for the next matches,” he added.< /p>
Sixth placed Liberec is also thinking of advancing directly to the quarter-finals, which will be presented on the ice of table neighbor Olomouc. The White Tigers lose four points to Hradec, the Hanáci are another four points back. “We want to climb into the elite four, so we need every point. We are still in the game and I believe that we can grab a direct promotion to the quarter-finals,” said Latvian defender Uvis Janis Balinskis in Liberec's services.
The big fight will be at the end of the basic part and for positions at the end of the table. Last Kladno reduced the distance to thirteenth Česká Budějovice by one point after Wednesday's win, twelfth Litvínov is separated from the playoff position by two points. The Knights will present themselves on the ice of Pilsen on Friday, Motor will welcome Sparta and Litvínov will welcome the Brno Comet.
“We don't decide how the others play. We have to play it ourselves, we'll see how the next matches develop. We lost four, five points to Budějovice, to Litvínov. We know we're playing with them. In my opinion, it will go down to the last match, if we play well,” said Kladno's playing owner Jaromír Jágr after Wednesday's win over Mlada Boleslaví. Plzeň, which has now lost three times in a row, was beaten by the Knights only once this season. They won 2:1 in extra time on the ice of West Bohemia.
České Budějovice will try to end the series of four defeats, but they have not yet been able to beat Sparta this season. Only in the first duel did they lose in overtime. “We have the last few matches ahead of us and we have to go all the way in each one. As if it were the last match. We cannot take into account whether we are playing Sparta, Pardubice or someone else,” forward Jakub Valský said on the club's website.
Even Litvínov did not reach the end of the long term in ideal form, losing three times in a row and failing in five of the last six matches. Verva scored full points for the last time on January 20. Kometa, which, on the other hand, won five of the last six matches, but Verva clearly defeated 5:1 at home. “I feel in the cabin that we really want to go all out and win. It doesn't always work out, but we have a fighting spirit and we have to get into every match,” said captain Matúš Sukeľ.
After a series of five defeats, Mladá Boleslav also fell in the table, which will now host Karlovy Vary. The skaters are eleventh and only six points ahead of Kladno. In addition, they lost against Energia three times in the season. However, the West Bohemians had big problems with the composition of the lineup in the last duel, and against Sparta they also had to use four juniors, three of whom were playing in the extra league for the first time.
Statistics before Friday's matches of the 47th round of hockey Tipsport extraliga:
HC Oceláři Třinec (5th) – Mountfield Hradec Králové (4th).
Start of the match: 17:00.
Head-to-head matches this season: 4:1, 3:2 overtime, 3:4.
Most productive players: Marko Daňo 45 games/45 points (26 goals + 19 assists) – Jakub Lev 46/34 (15+19).
Goalkeeper statistics: Marek Mazanec average 2.03 goals conceded per match, save success rate 92.21 percent and kept a clean sheet three times, Ondřej Kacetl 2.23 and 90.71 – Henri Kiviaho 1.93, 92.09 and kept a clean sheet six times .
– Třinec lost twice in a row and won only one point. They have won only twice out of the last ten matches.
– The Steelers have won seven of the last nine matches at home.
– Hradec Králové has scored seven times in a row after a string of four defeats.
< p>– Mountfield has won twice in a row away from home after a series of three defeats.
– Hradec Králové scored points in five of the last six mutual games and won four of them.
– Striker Jakub Lev from Hradec Králové can to play the 700th match in the extra league.
– Slovak defender Martin Marinčin from Třinec will celebrate his 31st birthday on Saturday, and forward Radovan Pavlík from Mountfield will turn 25 on the same day.
HC Verva Litvínov (12th) – HC Kometa Brno (9th).
Start of the match: 17:30.
Mutual matches this season: 4:5, 5:1, 1:3.
Most productive players: Giorgio Estephan 44/32 (12+20) – Petr Holík 46/41 (11+30).
Goalkeeper statistics: Šimon Zajíček 2.67, 91.18 and one clean sheet, Denis Godla 3.08 and 90.70, Matej Tomek 1.97, 92.12 and two clean sheets – Dominik Furch 2.38, 92.17 and kept a clean sheet five times, Marek Čiliak 3.36, 89.95 and kept a clean sheet once.
– Litvínov lost three times behind and scored a single point.
– Verva lost two of the past three duels at home and got only three points.
– Kometa won five of the last six matches.
– Brno won only one of the last five duels away.< /p>
– Kometa won five of the last seven matches.
– Defender Radim Šalda from Litvínov will celebrate his 24th birthday on Saturday.
HC Motor České Budějovice (13th) – HC Sparta Praha (3rd).
Start of the match: 17:30.
Inter-matches this season : 2:3 in ext., 0:5, 3:5.
The most productive players: Lukáš Pech 46/45 (8+37) – Roman Horák 45/33 (12+21).
Goalkeeper statistics: Jan Strmeň 2.40, 92.02 and kept a clean sheet once, Dominik Hrachovina 2.99, 89.57 and twice kept a clean sheet – Jakub Kovář 2.18, 91.54 and six times kept a clean sheet, Josef Kořenář 2.20, 90.00 and twice kept a clean sheet.
< p>Interesting facts:
– České Budějovice lost four times in a row and won only one point.
– Motor did not score twice in a row at home and lost three of the past five duels in front of their own audience.
– Sparta scored eleven times in a row and won ten of them.
– The Praguers scored six times in a row away from home. and they lost only once.
– Sparta won four times in a row in mutual duels and lost only one point.
– Striker Jakub Strnad from České Budějovice celebrates his 31st birthday today.
– Slovakian defender Martin Bučko from Pardubice can play his 100th game in the Czech Extraliga.
– Defender David Němeček can return to Sparta's lineup after serving a one-match disciplinary punishment for a foul on forward Tomáš Hyka from Pardubice.
BK Mladá Boleslav (11.) – HC Energie Karlovy Vary (10th).
Start of the match: 17:30.
Inter-matches this season: 0:1, 3:4 after sam. raids, 1:4.
Most productive players: Róbert Lantoši 41/24 (7+17) – Tomáš Rachůnek 44/29 (6+23).
Goalkeeper statistics: Filip Novotný 2.24, 92.11 and four clean sheets, Gašper Krošelj 2.33 and 91.89 – Vladislav Habal 2.39, 91.19 and one clean sheet, Štěpán Lukeš 3.17, 89 .81 and kept a clean sheet twice, Petr Hamalčík 4.50 and 85.00.
– Mladá Boleslav lost five times in a row and scored only two points.
– The skating club has not scored twice at home after a five-game winning streak.
– Karlovy Vary has lost only two of its last six games.
– Energie has won two of its last three away games duels.
– Karlovy Vary won five of the last six matches.
Head-to-head matches this season: 4:0, 1:2 in extra time, 4:3.
Most productive players: Petr Kodýtek 44/34 (15+19) – Tomáš Plekanec 46/41 (13+28).
Goalkeeper statistics: Miroslav Svoboda 2.59, 92.05 and twice kept a clean sheet, Dominik Pavlát 2.49, 91.56 and twice kept a clean sheet – Adam Brízgala 3, 14, 90.38 and one clean sheet, Landon Bow 3.42 and 89.06.
– Plzeň have not scored three times in a row and won only one of the last six matches.
– After a series of three wins, Škoda lost to Liberec 2:4 at home before the international break.
– Kladno has won two of the last three matches.
– The Knights have lost five times in a row away from home and have not scored a single point.
– Plzeň have scored ten times in a row in mutual matches and from she won it nine times.
– Kladno captain Tomáš Plekanec can play his 300th match in the extra league on Sunday against Olomouc.
HC Dynamo Pardubice (1st) – HC Vítkovice Ridera (2nd).
Start of the match: 18:00 (O2 TV Sport).
Head-to-head matches this season: 2:1, 5:4 on Sun. raids, 3:2 in extra time.
Most productive players: Lukáš Radil 43/38 (14+24) – Roberts Bukarts 46/45 (21+24).
Goalkeeper statistics: Roman Will 2.06, 92.55 and four clean sheets, Dominik Frodl 1.37, 94.61 and three clean sheets, Milan Klouček 2.00 and 89.47 – Aleš Stezka 2.15, 92 .37 and kept a clean sheet five times, Lukáš Klimeš 2.38 and 91.72.
– Pardubice can secure a triumph in the regular season and thus participation in the upcoming season Champions League. To do this, they need to not lose to Vítkovice and at the same time gain two points more than Sparta in České Budějovice.
– Dynamo dominated the basic part of the independent Czech league twice in the 2002/03 and 2003/04 seasons. It would win the President's Cup, which has been awarded since 2009/10, for the first time. In the federal league, Pardubice were the best in the long-term part in the seasons 1972/73, 1986/87 and 1988/89.
– Pardubice won ten of the last eleven matches and lost only three points.
– Dynamo won four times in a row at home and did not lose a single point.
– Vítkovice scored twice in a row after a series of four defeats.
– Ostrava scored eight times in a row away from home and won six times .
– Pardubice won three times in a row in mutual matches after a series of three defeats.
– Forward Tomáš Vondráček from Pardubice celebrates his 32nd birthday today, Dynamo defender Jana Košťálk will be 28 years old on Friday and assistant coach Marko Zadin will be 51 years old on Saturday.
– Defender David Musil and forward Matej Paulovič from Pardubice will serve their time the rest of the two-match disciplinary penalties from the duel with Sparta. Musil is suspended for a foul on Finnish striker Olavi Vauhkonen and Paulovič for a tackle on Vladimír Sobotka.
HC Olomouc (7th) – White Tigers Liberec (6th).
Start of the match: 18:00.
Head-to-head matches this season: 2:6, 4:1, 1:6.
Most productive players: Jan Káňa 38/30 (11+ 19) – Adam Najman 46/34 (9+25).
Goalkeeping statistics: Jan Lukáš 2.28, 92.39 and five clean sheets, Branislav Konrád 2.51, 90.13 and three times kept a clean sheet – Petr Kváča 2.16, 92.50 and once kept a clean sheet, Jakub Neužil 3.29, 89.58 and once kept a clean sheet, Daniel Král 3.84 and 85.45.
– Olomouc lost four of the last five matches.
– Hanáci won two of the past three duels at home.
– Liberec won three times in a row and lost only two points.
– The White Tigers won away after a series of four defeats last time in Pilsen 4: 2.
– Olomouc won six of the last eight matches between them.
– Liberec defender Jan Štibingr celebrates his 23rd birthday today, White Tigers forward Michael Frolík will be 35 years old on Friday.
Sunday, February 19 – round 48:
15:30 HC Verva Litvínov – HC Oceláři Třinec (mutual matches this season: 1:4, 1:2 in extra time, 2:3 in extra time), HC Energie Karlovy Vary – HC Dynamo Pardubice (4:2, 1:3, 4: 7),
4:00 p.m. White Tigers Liberec – HC Sparta Prague (0:1, 1:3, 5:2), HC Vítkovice Ridera – HC Motor České Budějovice (3:2 after overtime , 4:3, 2:0), Mountfield Hradec Králové – HC Škoda Plzeň (5:2, 1:4, 4:0),
17:00 HC Kometa Brno – BK Mladá Boleslav (2 :3, 1:3, 3:7),
17:20 Rytíri Kladno – HC Olomouc (0:3, 5:2, 2:6; CT sport).