Through the official page of Pokémon GO, Niantic wanted to celebrate the birthday, as well as the anniversary, of the famous app that has bewitched millions and millions of fans around the world. To do this, the company first wanted to remember some of the favorite features that, year after year, have arrived within the service.
Buddy Pokémon, Raid Battles, AR +, Field Research and Special Research, Friends, Adventure Sync, Trainer Battles, GO Snapshot, Team GO Rocket (here the guide to beat Giovanni inherent in July 2021), GO Battle League, Remote Raids and many more are some of the key elements of this incredible adventure that has been going on for five years now.
To this end, a celebratory event was held with Pikachu flying with a balloon in the shape of 5. But that’s not all.
Starting tomorrow, Tuesday 6 July at 10:00 and until Thursday 15 July at 20:00, here’s what awaits us (we also remind you of the event which has now become a fixed stop every year).
- Darumaka and flying Pikachu with the 5-shaped balloon will appear much more frequently in nature. The lucky ones will be able to meet Shiny Darumaka.
- Darumaka, Chespin, Fennekin and Froakie and Flying Pikachu will appear in single-star raids.
- Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie will appear in Pokéstop after completing the active Lure and Research modules. Some of these, such as Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Snivy, Tepig and Oshawott, can also be encountered in the wild.
- The Jump-Start Special Research will be available during this time for all Trainers who lost it during last year’s anniversary celebration. Just open the application Pokémon GO during the period in question and request it (review here). There will be tons of Stardust and XP rewards, as well as some exciting Pokémon encounters.
- The beloved in-game fireworks will appear again to celebrate the anniversary of the game. During the fires, real-time sky mechanics and additional Pokédex ratings will be available.
- Completing the Collecting Challenge of this event will allow you to encounter a flying Pikachu with a 5-shaped balloon, as well as a variety of rare candies and a huge amount of Poké Balls.
- The Special Box, Ultra Box and Adventure Box will contain various items starting Monday, July 5, 2021, at 1pm PDT (GMT -7).
- Activating a Mystery Box, with any luck, could mean meeting one Shiny Meltan.
- The Item Exchange can expand up to 3500.
- New 5th anniversary gift stickers will be available when you flip Pokéstops and open gifts, or else they will be available in the shop.
- You will receive bonus daily field research tasks that allow you to encounter Bulbasaur, Charmander, Squirtle, Chikorita, Cyndaquil, Totodile, Treecko, Torchic, Mudkip, Turtwig, Chimchar, Piplup, Snivy, Tepig, Oshawott, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie.
The novelties do not stop, in fact, in addition to all these new elements, the duration of all the bait modules has been extended to one hour, including the glacial, magnetic, mossy and rainy ones.
Finally, the amount of content, events, demonstrations or other do not seem to want to end even during the month of July, which seems to be decidedly hot not only because of the anniversary of Pokémon GO.