Starting today, a free download of Pokémon UNITE up Nintendo Switch through eShop and the servers to play online will be open from tomorrow, July 21. This is the new free-to-play title developed by Tencent is The Pokémon Company, a real MOBA which will allow us to fight in multiplayer using our favorite Pokémon. The download will take up 928 MB of space on our console and will include cross-play functionality with the smartphone version that will be released later.
Like any free-to-play, Pokémon UNITE will also include a series of microtransactions. Also, who will log in to Pokémon UNITE by August 31 will receive an exclusive gift: the mysterious electric Pokémon Zeraora.
Take to the field and face off against opponents with Pikachu, Charizard, Gengar and more in the first Pokémon 5v5 strategy battle game: Pokémon UNITE!
We welcome you to Heos Island! Here, Pokémon have greater powers and abilities that Trainers from all over the world use to challenge each other in exciting United Battles.
Engage in 5v5 battles to determine who can score the most points within the time limit. Each player controls a Pokémon and has a choice of five different roles – Attacker, Sprinter, Versatile, Defender, and Support. Do you want to launch an offensive? Choose a Forward! Would you rather help your teammates instead? Then Support is the role for you. Check out the full list of Pokémon here.
Defeat wild Pokémon to level up, evolve your Pokémon and collect Heos energy. Release energy in opponents’ goal areas and Knock Out their Pokémon to prevent them from scoring points. Work as a team and take home victory!
- Joint moves: unleash the true power of your Pokémon with United moves! Take advantage of these brand new Pokémon moves, usable only during Combined Battles, and turn even the most desperate situations in your favor.
- Upgrade: can’t wait to prove your skills? Take part in competitive battles and earn points as you climb the global leaderboard!
- Communication first of all: even the most experienced coaches recognize how important it is to communicate for the success of their team. Make good use of directions, quick chat messages and, for the first time in a Pokémon game, voice chat to communicate with your teammates and synchronize your actions.
- Fight in style: take the field with an impeccable look with the Holowear! Thanks to the special technology developed with Heos energy, you can dress up your Pokémon by choosing from a large variety of holographic costumes. New styles will be introduced regularly!
- Cross-platform play: play with Trainers from all over the world on Nintendo Switch or on compatible smartphones (starting in September) thanks to the cross-platform game mode. You can use your Pokémon Trainer Club account or your own Nintendo account on both Nintendo Switch and mobile devices to easily sync your game progress.
Note: upon release, the game will be available in English only. The Italian version will be playable later.
Source: Nintendo eShop