From the 1st may next, the party fee of the notary fees will decrease, while the number of real estate transactions collapsed for several weeks.
In a period of full containment, the fees of the notaries are going to get to know a decrease from the may 1, 2020, pursuant to the decree of 28 February 2020. To popular opinion, the notaire fees correspond in fact to the grouping of expenditure items, which are supported by the buyer of a property :
- The transfer duties or registration fees, whose rates are set by the local authorities;
- The disbursement or reimbursement of the amounts incurred by the notary to the title of the formalization of the deed of sale;
- The emoluments of the notary, corresponding to the remuneration of the public officer
A decrease of notary fees, which raises the question :
The notary fees include the above three components. Only the portion fee of the notaries, corresponding to the remuneration of the notary, decline. The other costs remain constant.
Starting may 1st, these are only the fees of the notary public who will suffer a decline. A new schedule of rates applicable has therefore been defined as follows to calculate the amount of these fees :
- 3.87 % for the tranche of 0 to 6,500 €
- 1.596 % for the tranche of 6,500 to 17,000 €
- 1.064 % for the tranche from 17,000 to 60,000 €
- 0.799 % for the tranche of more than 60.000
. Legifrance, decree of February 28, 2020, article A. 444-65 of the Code of commerce
As a reminder, the value of these fees before the new schedule was :
- 3.945 % for the tranche of 0 to 6,500 € (a reduction of 1.9%)
- 1.627 % for the tranche of 6,500 to 17,000 € (a reduction of 1.9%)
- 1.085 % for the tranche from 17,000 to 60,000 € (a reduction of 1.9%)
- 0.814 % for the tranche of more than 60,000 people (Or a decrease of 1.8%)
A decrease of the emoluments of the public officer of course, but the other costs (transfer duties and registration fees) remain constant. The State therefore retains the same income, but made to support the decline to its representative.
This will result in a decrease of all the notary fees, which currently are estimated to be between 7% and 8% for a real estate purchase in the old, and between 2% and 3% in the nine. If investors can rejoice this fall, notaries, them, cry out of this decision. One of them, under the guise of anonymity, explained thus :
Read the real estate ads
If you want to see the real estate market in France, France-Soir offers you a search engine multi-criteria on a database of over 450,000 real estate listings , updated daily (apartments, houses, land, and other).
Quick links to apartments by cities :
Apartment in Paris, Apartment in Lyon, Apartment Bordeaux, Apartments in Toulouse, Apartment in Montpellier, Apartment in Lille, Apartment in Strasbourg
Calculation simulator “notary fees”
A simulator free, are available on the website of Notaries of France, the ANIL (national Agency for housing information). This tool enables a buyer to perform a full simulation for the purchase of a property (house, apartment, new or old or a plot of land to build).
This simulator takes into account the following elements :
1. The nature of the acquisition as part of the purchase of a new property (off plan sale on plans in the future state of completion or CCMI contract for the construction of a single house)
2. The mode of financing of the purchased property (with or without a loan, mortgage or Housing Credit)
3. The portion of the fee that goes to the State and to the notary
Simulate your notary fees by clicking on this link
Simulate notary fees