Note to readers: EL PAÍS offers open essential information of the coronavirus during the crisis. If you want to support our journalism, subscribe here.
Despite the fact that covid cases continue to rise in Madrid and that the trend will continue in the coming days, the regional government has not tightened restrictions or announced new measures. In the press conference last Friday, the Ministry of Health limited itself to updating the list of confined basic health zones (ZBS), while reminding that the general measures are maintained: the curfew from 11 p.m. to 6 a.m. , the closure of the restaurant at the same time and the prohibition of meetings of non-cohabitants in homes. As of this Monday, 17 areas and three localities have been isolated, in which 446,205 citizens live, 6.6% of the total in the region, and where 8.6% of the cases of the last 14 days are concentrated. Three new areas enter the map of the closed zones, while the limitations are lifted in three areas and in two municipalities.
Madrid warns of a possible closure of mass vaccination points
Incidence in basic areas and in the municipalities of Madrid
These are, one by one, the measures in force in the region
Restrictions by basic health zones
A ZBS is not a neighborhood or a district, but a set of streets that belong to the same health center. To find out if you live in a confined area or the incidence of the virus in your neighborhood, enter your street in this search engine. The criterion for the confinement of a ZBS or municipality is, according to the Ministry of Health, to have a cumulative incidence of coronavirus of 400 cases per 100,000 inhabitants at 14 days, an increasing trend and community transmission.
– New restricted areas. From 00.00 this Monday, April 19 until 00.00 on Monday, May 3, the ZBS of Castelló (Salamanca district) and Eloy Gonzalo (Chamberí), in Madrid capital, and Majadahonda are restricted, so The entire municipality will be perimetrated because the Valle de la Oliva area already had restrictions.
– Zones in which restrictions are lifted. As of today, two ZBS in the capital are no longer restricted: Alameda de Osuna (Barajas district) and Vicálvaro-Artilleros (Vicálvaro). They are joined by the towns of Villaviciosa de Odón, La Cabrera and Colmenarejo.
– Areas in which the restrictions are maintained. The limitations continue for one more week – until 00.00 on Monday, April 26 – in the ZBS of Madrid capital of Villa de Vallecas (in the district of Villa de Vallecas), Quinta de los Molinos and Rejas (district of San Blas-Canillejas) , Barajas (Barajas district), Silvano (Hortaleza district), Chopera (Arganzuela), Virgen de Begoña (Fuencarral-El Pardo) and Valdebernardo (Vicálvaro). The areas of La Princesa and Barcelona (Móstoles), Las Margaritas (Getafe), San Fernando (San Fernando de Henares) Valle de la Oliva (Majadahonda) and Villanueva del Pardillo are also perimetrated. Likewise, movements in the towns of Moralzarzal, Paracuellos de Jarama and Manzanares El Real continue to be limited.
In these closed areas, an additional measure applies
-Movement restrictions. Entry and exit are prohibited, except for “adequately justified trips” by means of a document (here you can download the receipt to enter or leave for work reasons or to care for the elderly or dependents). Among the exceptions are going to the doctor, work or educational centers, return to the place of habitual residence, care for the elderly, minors or dependents and attendance at exams or judicial, administrative or banking procedures. Zones can be crossed and citizens can move within them. The capacity and hours are the same as in the non-restricted areas. Entrances and exits from the closed ZBS to sports centers are allowed, provided that the activities are developed by physical trainers and under medical prescription.
Measures for the entire Community of Madrid
– Restoration and commerce. The closing hours of bars and restaurants are still fixed at 23.00. These establishments cannot admit new customers after 10.00 pm, although they are allowed to distribute food until midnight. The limit of customers at the tables on the terraces is also kept at six, and at four inside the premises. Bar consumption is prohibited.
As for the shops, the shutter is lowered at 22.00. Only those that provide essential and unavoidable services such as pharmacies, medical centers, veterinarians and gas stations can remain open later. Cinemas, theaters, auditoriums, tent circuses, multipurpose multipurpose halls, “similar spaces” and places of worship may end their activity after 10 pm if attendees respect the curfew.
– Curfew. It is still established from 23.00 to 6.00, a period in which mobility is prohibited, except for just cause such as going to or returning from work.
– Social meetings. Visits to homes still cannot be received, except for exceptions, such as couples and married couples living in different homes or people living alone, who may be reunited with a single unit of coexistence.
– Gauges. In interior places the capacity is 50% and the bar service in bars and restaurants is still suspended. The exceptions to the general rule of 50% are: 75% occupancy in theaters, cinemas and other cultural facilities, 40% in multipurpose multipurpose rooms (such as the Wizink Center) and 75% in outdoor terraces, commercial establishments and centers non-regulated training.