Seattle Sounders 1-0 Santos: Result, Leagues Cup semi-final

Spread the love

Seattle Sounders 1-0 Santos: Result, Leagues Cup semi-final

With a last-second goal from the Peruvian Rául Ruidíaz, the Seattle Sounders defeated the Santos Laguna Warriors by the smallest difference for stay with the pass to the final of the Leagues Cup, in an intense game that took place this Tuesday night at Lumen Field in Seattle, Washington.

When it seemed that the match was going to be defined on penalties, the Peruvian took advantage of the spaces that the group lagoon he left behind to liquidate the aspirations of the Torreón team.

In this way the US team awaits a rival for the grand finalAmong the Mexican teams that will play the other semifinal, León and Pumas.

Started the match as expected, a very intense Seattle Sounders, looking for the rival frame; Santos imprecise in front. At 5 ‘minutes Raúl Ruidíaz tried to wake up Lajud early, but the Lagunero goalkeeper made his way backwards correctly and kept the ball.

Little by little, picture lagoon he was doing the holding of the ball and pressed for both bands, but that last touch was not precise and everything was left in attempts.

At 20 minutes, in a counterattack play, Cristian Roldan took the ball from the right, lowered the ball well, cut into the area and took a powerful left-footed shot, crossed shot that looked for the base of the right post, ball that was saved correctly by Lajud who sent a corner kick.

After 30 minutes, there was a very intense and exciting meeting, back and forth, with many frictions between the players, as a result of the intensity of the match.

While at 36 ‘, Freddy Montero committed a foul, swept from behind over Brian Lozano, presenting the first yellow of the game.

For the complementary part, Seattle was thrown back, Santos came out determined in front. The albiverdes suffocated the place. At 54 ‘, the first shot on goal came from Juan Otero, who came in from the right and just passed the area shot across, but the ball hit the net on the outside.

At 57 ‘, a counter attack from the locals left, the center went to the right, Freddy Montero blew it up; the Colombian from the Sounders had already won the backs of the Laguna defenders, he fired at first intention, but the ball passed over the goal defended by Lajud.

At 64 ‘, Santos was close to opening the free kick marker, shot by Diego Valdés that hit the base of the left post. After the lagoon siege, the locals made movements trying to recover the ball, which was constantly with the albiverdes.

Arreaga’s foul at 71 ‘minutes on Otero on the edge of the area on the right side, Diego Valdés came to charge but a poor center that was saved by the Sounders defenders, opportunities were still being wasted in front.

At 80 ‘minutes, Almada made three changes in one go, looking for more offensive play; Alan Cervantes Jesús Alberto Ocejo and Jordan Carrillo entered, the sacrificed were Da Cruz, Lozano and Ronaldo Prieto.

At 90 ‘minutes, it was the local team that insisted, but the defense from La Laguna managed to ward off the danger.

At 92 ‘, when Santos attacked and left spaces behind, I passed Raúl Ruidíaz, who won the backs of the lagoons, remaining only before Gibrán Lajud who stopped in the first instance, but the rejection was left to Ruidíaz himself, who ended up liquidating the Laguneros by sending the ball to the back of the goal, seconds later, the whistling Taylor Herrera declared the end of the game.