Check out all of the elements of the Summer Game Fest 2020 ! Dates, times, historical events and announcements, to be sure not to miss the next ad video game of this summer !
Summer—Game—Fest. No, this is not the name of the last music compilation from the radio to the mode that will arrive this summer. This is not a music festival. It is indeed the name of an event around the video game. And more specifically, to a festival, because it will last four months (all of it). To enable you to find a little more, to understand why this first event arrives in 2020, what are the issues, key dates to remember, as well as the main ad, we offer you a great summary.
– What is the Summer Game Fest ?
– Why organize this first Summer Game Fest in 2020 ?
– What is the course of this event ?
– What are the dates to remember and to watch out for ?
– What are the first ads for the time being ?
The Summer Game Fest is an event that will take place during the months of may, June, July, and August 2020 to cover a large part of the news of the video game industry. Announcement of new games, presentation of games coming soon, online events, information, events in the current games and more. This event is orchestrated by Geoff Keighley, the famous producer of the Game Awards, and a host of several conferences in the middle of the video game (such as the opening conference of the Gamescom).
The year 2020 was to be a historic year for the video game industry. Seven years after the simultaneous launch of the PS4 and the Xbox One, a new generation of consoles needs to happen for the end of the year. Thus, throughout the twelve months of the year 2020, we would have had to have beautiful talks, beautiful ads from the manufacturers (Sony and Microsoft), but also on the part of the publishers to reveal the games of tomorrow. Alas, with the crisis of the Covid19 and more than half of the planet is confined to her home, plans have drastically changed. And, the big events, logically void. That this is E3, the biggest game show in the world, Gamescom, the Tokyo Game Show or even the Paris Games Week, all of these events will not be held in 2020. While the Gamescom and the Tokyo Game Show have already announced that digital publishing of their event will still be in the program, the ESA (the Entertainment Software Association), organizer of the E3, was planning to make a ” E3 Online “. But apparently, this is another agreement that was reached with the producer Geoff Keighley (who would not make it to E3 this year). Since the E3 Online was canceled a few days later we learned of the existence of the Summer Game Fest. This event therefore has the sole purpose of covering the news next-gen and replace the E3.
The communication about the Summer Game Fest is still pretty confusing. The event takes place on four months and already offers appointments for the months of may, June, July and August. However, during his announcement, we have been able to discover a pretty interesting picture. You could discover that it was the “lineup” of the “Phase 1” of the Summer Game Fest. Problem ? We do not know when to start the phase a, when it stops or how many phases we will have in total. In addition, we also do not know more than represent the brand on this promotional poster. Conferences ? The announcement of the game unpublished ? The presentation of the games already announced ? Events in-game ? For the moment, it is a little too early to confirm this. In any case, on the official website of the Summer Game Fest, events are already planned for the next four months.
The best console Sony PS4 500 Gb
289 € Microsoft Xbox One X 1 Tb
On this first lineup, we can see that 16 brands quite important to the video game industry are present. Is what they are going to participate in a conference of PlayStation and/or Xbox ? (Ubisoft is for example not present, but a glimpse of the Assassin’s Creed Valhalla was on the program of the Inside Xbox last Thursday). In any case, waiting to see what these brands are preparing, here is what we can expect from them.
- 2K Games : Bioshock, Mafia, Borderlands,
- Activision : Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot
- Namco Bandai : Dragon Ball Z, The Dark Chronicles
- Bethesda : The Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Wolfenstein
- Blizzard : Wow, Warcraft, Overwatch 2
- Bungie : Destiny 2
- CD Projekt : CyberPunk 2077
- Digital Extremes : Bioshock
- Electronic Arts : FIFA, Sims, Madden, Need For Speed, Battlefield…
- PlayStation : PS5, God of War, Spiderman, Horizon Zero Dawn, The Last Of Us Part II…
- Private Division : The Outer Worlds
- Riot Games : League of Legends, Valorant
- Square Enix : Final Fantasy VII Remake, Tomb Raider, Marvel’s Avengers
- Steam : Events on Steam
- Warner Bross : Batman, LEGO Star Wars, RPG Harry Potter
- Xbox : Xbox Series X, Halo Infinite, Hellblade 2, Forza Motorsport 8
As early as the month of may and until the month of August, there will be several dates to mark on our calendar to not miss anything of the events around the video game. Here is a list to help you remember !
- MAY 07 – Inside Xbox : The first gameplay of the games next-gen (17h)
- MAY 12 – Sunrise 01 : A game surprise announced by Geoff Keighley (18h)
- JUNE 11 – EA Play Live : Electronic Arts unveils its future (01h)
- JUNE 11 – Night City Wire : An event to discover a little more about CyberPunk 2077 (No time for the moment).
- 9 TO 14 JUNE – Steam Game Festival : Play upcoming PC games on Steam and make your wish list
- JULY 11 – Tennocon 2020 : An annual event dedicated to Warframe from Digital Extremes (No time for the moment).
- 24 AUGUST – Open Night Live : The opening ceremony of Gamescom with a bunch of announcements and surprises (20h)
[UPDATED] MAY 9, 2020
For the moment, the ads that we can remember from this Summer Game Fest are :
- 06 MAY 2020 – The new trailer for The Last Of Us Part II – Although it does not make party of the official announcements of the Summer Game Fest, this remains an event that coincides with the launch of the festival. The opportunity for the players to discover the “Story Trailer” of the game from Naughty Dog that arrives June 19, 2020 exclusively on PS4.
PRE-ORDER THE LAST OF US PART II
- 07 MAY 2020 – Microsoft unveils the first games of the Xbox Series X. ten title as a Bright Memory Infinite, The Medium, Call of the Sea, or Dirt 5. An appointment of 45 minutes to unveil the first games modest of the future console from Microsoft (more info with a summary of the announcements right here).