It is somewhat the reverse of the medal. The bike, whose sales soar since the end of the confinement, face an increase of flights to feed the black market. France 2
In the streets of large cities, a wheel, a frame, a lock of discarded bikes. These are the parts that have stood up to the claws of thieves. In the capital, every day officially, 13 bikes are stolen. A figure well short of the reality : it only represents the deposits of a complaint. Valentine Ipavec, she has never made the approach. It has, however, had this bad surprise two times in two weeks.
A black market is open to the sky in the capital
What has become of the more than 320 000 bikes are stolen in France each year ? Some would be resold on the Internet, others in the middle of the street in the north of Paris. There would here a black market, open to the sky. But buying a stolen bike is a risky bet. It is an offence liable to the same penalty as the theft : five years in prison and a 375 000 euro fine. This traffic is in full swing. Even sellers of specialized recognize : the face of the professionals, no lock is infallible.
- JT 20h du Wednesday 29 July 2020 The integral
The other subjects of JT
- 1 Coronavirus : the mask will it soon be compulsory in the streets ?
- 2 Tourism : the part-time unemployment extended for the sector
- 3 Tourism : concern of guide-lecturers in the face of the crisis
Coronavirus : will there vaccines for everyone ?
- 5 #OnVousRépond : how to organize a holiday in this period of epidemic ?
- 6 long-term care facilities : the return to life
- 7 Banks : no dividend for shareholders
- 8 China : the plight of the Uyghurs
United states : mysterious packages of concern
- 10 domestic Violence : the disappearance of Jacqueline Wild
- 11 Shows wild animals : towards the end of the track ?
- 12 Bouches-du-Rhône : Les Goudes, the end of the world in the phocean city