A large portion of accounts are irrelevant.
On the darknet appeared the personal data of several million users Telegram, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to the Correspondent.
It is reported that the file size is approximately 900 MB contains phone numbers, nicknames, and unique identifiers. The exact number of accounts in the merged data is unknown.
The company confirmed the existence of this base. According to the Telegram, this information is collected using the built-in import function of contacts at the time of registration. It is noted that most of the accounts are not up to date.
At the same time, 70% of the accounts in the merged database belong to users from Iran, the remaining 30% from Russia.
Also, the company noted that more than 84% of the merged data were collected until mid-2019. It was at the end of the summer 2019 the company has taken additional measures to protect users ‘ personal data.