Illustrative photo – Match of the 6th round of the first football league: SK Slavia Prague – FK Teplice, August 31, 2022, Prague. Ondřej Lingr from Slavia (center back) scores a goal.
Prague – The 20th round of the first football league continues with eight matches this weekend. Leader Slavia will be defending a one-point lead over second-placed Pilsen on the field of struggling Teplice. The reigning champion Viktoria will present itself in Slovácko, the third Sparta hosts Jablonec. In the rescue duel, the last Pardubice will challenge the penultimate Zlín.
Photogallery: First Football League 2022/23
Slavia won eight times in a row in the top competition and was the only one not to lose a point in the spring. With 60 goals, they boast the best attack in the competition. On the contrary, the North Bohemians, who have not been able to win over Slavia for 16 matches, have lost all three spring rounds and have the weakest defense in the league with 44 goals conceded. A point separates them from the first playoff rung.
“We are satisfied with the start of the spring, because the matches in the league are unpredictable. Teplice had a decent points cushion from the autumn, but the start of the spring did not suit them. They will be playing a little for their lives. We always have a bit of bad luck on the field, but we believe that we will succeed.” said the assistant of the Slavist coach Jaroslav Köstl.
Plzeň has not lost away in the top competition in 22 games in a row. They won in the last league match in Slovácko, but before that they lost twice in a row in Uherské Hradiště. The fourth-ranked Slovácko lost only two points from the last four rounds and was the only one not to collect in the spring. Due to the disciplinary punishment, however, he has to do without coach Martin Svědík.
“Of course, we would need to win at Slovácko in the best case to stay at the top of the table. We have two wins in the spring, but we still have in our heads that we lost at home to Hradec, which none of us expected,” said Pilsen's assistant coach Pavel Horváth .
Sparta won five of the last six league matches, but Jablonec could not beat them four times in a row. The last three head-to-head matches in the top competition ended in a 1:1 draw. The North Bohemians won after four rounds last time.
“We expect Jablonec to play long passes, second balls, one-on-one battles. We have to be alert in everything, defensively and offensively,” said Spartan assistant coach Lars Friis.
Pardubice in all three domestic leagues they drew with Zlín, but for the first time they will host the opponent at the reconstructed Arnošta Košťála Stadium, where they lost to Slavia 0:2 in the first match after returning from the asylum in Prague's Ďolíček. Last time, the East Bohemians won after four rounds.
“There is no doubt that this is an important match. There are still many games ahead of us, but the battle against Zlín is important for the development of the table,” stated Pardubice coach Radoslav Kováč, whose players are losing three points to “Ševka”.
Zlín last time he won after six league games and scored points in all three spring rounds under coach Pavel Vrba. However, since August 2021, there are already 23 games waiting for an away win in the league.
Hradec Králové will face Mlada Boleslaví, on whose field they play home matches during the reconstruction of their own stadium. The newcomer from Brno will play against Baník Ostrava, Liberec will welcome Olomouc. České Budějovice, as the team with the worst home record, will host Bohemians 1905.
Votes before the matches of the 20th round of the first league:
Slovan Liberec (in table 8.) – Sigma Olomouc ( 6.)
Ivan Kopecký (assistant coach of Liberec): “Olomouc started the spring season with three draws with Sparta, Slovácko and most recently Hradec Králové. We are expecting a quality team that has the ambition to finish in sixth place, where it is currently. Matches with Sigma are always balanced, both teams try to play in combination. Olomouc has a quick transition phase after winning the ball and we must not forget its strong standard situations. We have to be careful about the offensive players Chytil, Růsk, the scorpion Navrátil, the skilful Slovak Ventúra, but also the experience of Breite, Beneš. We unfortunately lost in the last match Slovakia, so we all want to get three points at home.”
Václav Jílek (coach of Olomouc): “I expect a different match than the previous one in the cup, even if we take lessons from it. Teams that have the ambition to fight for the top six will meet. I believe that we will build on the positives from the previous matches and fight for victory. Liberec has great playing quality in the middle of the pitch. Thanks to that, he beat Budějovice in the away match and was significantly better. He won completely deservedly, but he unexpectedly lost at home, even though last time against Slovácko very unluckily.”
FC Hradec Králové (7th) – FK Mladá Boleslav (10th)
Stanislav Hejkal (assistant coach of Hradec): “Playing a home match with Boleslav in Boleslav is a bit strange. But we have already experienced it and beat Boleslav in their environment last year. We are based on that. Boleslav has an experienced , a technical and fast team, such a good mix of players. We'll see how they react to the unexpected loss against Pardubice. We'll also have to react somehow and I think we'll handle the match.”
Marek Kulič (assistant coach to M. Boleslav): “We are facing an extremely difficult opponent who is excellently organized, physically mature and very productive. He knows how to score maximum goals from a minimum of chances. We will succeed if we match him with our commitment and start to assert ourselves in the end.”
< h4>Zbrojovka Brno (11th) – Baník Ostrava (9th)
Jozef Dojčan (assistant coach of Brno): “We have not won for a long time and we have another challenging match ahead of us. Baník will be an unpleasant opponent, he plays very well away from home, which he proved in Teplice. We do not particularly care that he unexpectedly lost the last round at home. We are concentrating on ourselves, even if some players have health problems problems and their start is a question mark. We have the reinforcement of Tijani, he has fit in well, he just needs to get used to the team more. In addition, he has not played for a long time and our stoppers played a quality match against Slavia. We are also working with a three stopper option.”
Pavel Hapal (coach of Ostrava):“We did not play the match against Jablonec well at home, but we analyzed it. I believe that the players somehow absorbed it and we will prepare well for Brno. We saw him in the last home match against Pilsen and despite the defeat he performed very well. It is a tough opponent, they have a dangerous and productive Shoemaker and Butcher in their ranks, we have to watch out for them. But I believe we can push through with our weapons and create some situations that we can convert.”
FK Teplice (13th) – Slavia Praha (1st)
Tomáš Hunal (assistant coach of Teplice): “Slavia will clearly be the favourite, we the outsider, we don't need to talk about that at all. Maybe it's like before, when the Soviet Union played hockey – they could be beaten once out of 10 games. But we can't go into the game knowing we're going to lose, so it's just it's not possible in sports. We want to win every match, even the one in which we are the outsider. We have to make as few mistakes as possible, be well organized and be lucky. There is no other way.”
Jaroslav Köstl (Slavia assistant coach): “We are satisfied with the start of the spring, the matches in the league are unpredictable. On the other hand, we have quality, we wanted it to go like this. With some exceptions, we managed it in terms of results and playing. We showed everything and we will be ready for the next matches. Teplice had a decent point cushion from the fall, but the beginning of the spring didn't suit them. They will play a little for their lives. Their game is a little unfamiliar to us, they are looking for a way out of their current situation. We always have a little bad luck on the field, but we believe that we will succeed.”
1. FC Slovácko (4th) – Viktoria Plzeň (2nd)
Luboš Přibyl (coach Slováck's assistant): “The reigning champion awaits us, which in itself is a sign of quality. Pilsen defends very well, usually one or two goals are enough for them to win. During my time here in Slovácko, we played a lot of close matches with them. Viktorka has a number of individuals in the team, however, we must focus on the whole team comprehensively, especially on its offensive phase. Our defense must eliminate the opponent and do everything to prevent us from scoring, which we have been successful in the spring with the cooperation of the experienced defense and the quality performances of Filip Nguyen.”< /em>
Pavel Horváth (assistant coach of Pilsen): “Slovácko is a long-term consolidated team with a lot of relatively older players who are very experienced but have a very high performance. Of course, we would need to win at Slovácko in the best case to stay at the top of the table. We have two wins in the spring, but we still have head that we lost at home with Hradec, which none of us expected. We don't want to lose any more points. Even though Slovácko is a very good opponent, we believe that we will prepare in such a way to win there.”
Dynamo České Budějovice (14th) – Bohemians Praha 1905 (5th)
Marek Nikl (coach Č. Budějovic): “We expect that we will build on our good performances and that we will go for victory this time. That we will finally manage it for three points. I grew up in Bohemka, I returned there from abroad, so I perceive it a little differently. If I were to joke about it, that not at all, but there will definitely be some premium listed.”
Jaroslav Veselý (coach Bohemians): “We have to recover after a heavy defeat 2:6 with Sparta. On the other hand, we lost by only three points, I believe we learned from it. We are doing well outside, I hope we can confirm that. But it will not be easy, Budějovice are playing for salvation and did not score points in the spring.”
FK Pardubice (16th) – Trinity Zlín (15th)
Radoslav Kováč (coach Pardubice): “There is no doubt that this is an important match. There are still many matches ahead of us, but the battle against Zlín is important for the development of the table. We don't want to go crazy, we have to go into it with a clear head and do everything to cope with our task. The opponents will be in attacking the distanced Kozák, but it will still be difficult for us. We watched Zlín, we saw all three of his spring matches and we try to have his game loaded. It will be a battle, the match will be about details, a war of nerves awaits everyone. In the premiere at the new stadium We didn't score points against Slavia, so we want to give the audience an additional gift against Zlín.”
Vít Vrtělka (assistant coach of Zlín): “We managed to beat Teplice, which is of course great, but we have a good sense of the situation we are in. We are still at the beginning of the recovery journey. Pardubice have a new stadium, they grabbed a win away from home, but it is often difficult to confirm it at home. The league is terribly balanced, which it will also apply to Sunday's duel. Pardubice have a well-mixed team, from an experienced goalkeeper, through central midfielders to a striker. They are strong in combination, which is what coach Kováč wants from them. We have to focus on ourselves, defend honestly, not concede a goal and threaten from the break.”
Sparta Prague (3rd) – FK Jablonec (12th)
Lars Friis (assistant coach of Sparta): “We gave a very good performance at Bohemka and we want to build on that. We expect Jablonec to play long passes, second balls, personal battles. We have to be alert in everything, defensively and offensively. We are playing at home and we need to dominate the ball and without him. We have the quality to win, but we also want to have a good mentality.”
David Horejš (coach of Jablonec): “Obviously, we know that a huge force is waiting for us. Sparta scored 10 goals in the last two matches, they have great quality at home. We have to prepare for their strengths, but of course we also know the weak points that we will want to exploit. I believe that we have to show a performance that would guarantee us a point gain. The match always starts at 0:0, we believe that we will prepare the team in such a way that we can show a quality performance like in Baník.”
Statistics data before the matches of the 20th round of the first league:
Slovan Liberec (8th in the table) – Sigma Olomouc (6th)
Kick-off: Saturday, February 18, 15:00.< /p>
Referee: Křepský – Dobrovolný, Vyhnanovský – Starý (video).
Balance: 57 21-15-21 63:67.
Last match: 1: 1.
Liberec: Vliegen – Gebre Selassie, Prebsl, Plechatý – Ndefe, Červ, Valenta, Preisler – Frýdek, Tupta – Olatunji.
Olomouc: Trefil – Pokorný, Beneš, Vrástil – Zifčák, Breite, Ventúra, Zmrzlý – Navrátil – Růsek, Chytil.
Absence: Fukala, Mikula, Višinský (all injured), Gebre Selassie (uncertain start) – Fortelný (injury), Chvátal, Macík, Spáčil (all uncertain start).
Disciplinary threats: Červ, Frýdek – Chytil, Matoušek, Zmrzlý (all 3 ŽK).
Best scorers: Červ, Rondič (both 2) – Chytil (6).
– Olomouc lost only one of the last 10 mutual league matches and in the top competition with Liberec scored 4 times in a row (including 3 victories without conceding a goal)
– the teams have a balanced mutual league balance of 21 wins and losses and 15 draws
– Liberec beat Olomouc 4:1 in the round of 16 of the domestic cup at the end of November
– Olomouc won 3 of the last 4 league matches in Liberec
– Liberec won only one of the last 4 rounds
– Liberec did not win twice in a row at home in the league and scored only 12 of the total 25 points in the season
– Olomouc lost only one of the last 11 league matches and drew in all 3 spring rounds
– Olomouc lost only one of the last 7 matches away from home in the league and won 15 of the total 27 points in the season. /p>
FC Hradec Králové (7th) – FK Mladá Boleslav (10th)
Kick-off: Saturday 18 February, 15 :00.
Referee: Orel – Kotík, Bureš – Berka (video).
Balance: 13 3-7-3 15:15.
Last match: 2:1.< /p>
Hradec: Reichl – Čihák, Ševčík, Čech – Gabriel, Smrž, Rada, Kodeš, Novotný – Dvořák (Kubala), Matěj Koubek .
M. Boleslav: Šeda – Šimek, Suchý, Karafiát – Tomič, Kubista, Mareček, Fulnek – Ladra, Zitný – Škoda.
Absence: Ryneš (4 ŽK), Kučera, Vašulín (both injuries), Kubala, Leibl (both uncertain start) – Dancák, Donát, Stránský (all injuries), Vaníček (recovery).
Disciplinary threats: Harazim, Leibl, Reichl, Smrž – Jawo, Mareček, Mašek, Tomič, Šimek, Škoda (all 3 ŽK).
Best scorers: Kubala (6) – Ladra, Mareček (both 5).
– Hradec beat M. Boleslav last time in the league after 8 matches
– the teams have an equal league record of 3 wins and defeats and 7 draws
– Hradec has not lost in 6 home league matches against M. Boleslav, the last 4 duels ended in a draw
– Hradec plays home games in an asylum in M. Boleslav during the stadium reconstruction
– Hradec won the only one of the last 6 rounds (at the beginning of spring in Pilsen)
– Hradec lost the last 3 home league matches
– M. Boleslav did not win in 3 spring rounds and lost 2 times in a row
– Hradec coach Miroslav Koubek was previously coached by M. Boleslav
– Harazim and Novotný (both Hradec) can claim their 50th league start
– Dvořák (Hradec) will celebrate his 34th birthday the day after the match
Zbrojovka Brno (11th) – Baník Ostrava (9th)
Kick-off: Saturday 18 February, 15:00.
Referee: Machálek – Horák, Mojžíš – Batík (video).
Balance: 49 16-18-15 56 :59.
Last match: 2:1.
Brno: Berkovec – Hrabina, Šural, Hlavica , Granečný – Texl, Blecha – Alli, Ševčík, Hladík – Řezníček.
Ostrava: Laštůvka – Juroška, Pojezný, Lischka, Fleišman – Cadu, Miškovič, Buchta, Kaloč, Plavšič – Klíma.
Absence: Divíšek (penalty for ČK), Fousek, Souček (both injuries), Endl, Hrabina, Matejov (all uncertain start) – Kuzmanovič (4 ŽK), Svozil, Tetour, Takács (all convalescence), Almási (uncertain start).
Disciplinary threats: Endl, Hrabina, Ševčík, Mohamed Tijani ( all 3 ŽK) – Kaloč (7 ŽK), Almási, Cadu, Fleišman, Frydrych, Laštůvka, Lischka (all 3 ŽK).
Best scorers: Řezníček (11) – Almási, Klíma (both 5) .
– Brno won the last mutual league duel, but before that they did not beat Ostrava 4 times in a row in the top competition
– Ostrava lost only one of the last 5 league matches in Brno and won 2 times in a row there
< p>– Brno has not won 6 rounds in a row (of which 5 defeats)
– Brno has won only one of the last 7 matches at home in the league and won only 8 of the total 21 points in the season there
– Last time Ostrava lost after 3 rounds
– Last time Ostrava won away from home in the league after 14 matches and got only 9 of the total 24 points in the season there
– Falta (Brno) can claim his 200th league start
– Sanneh ( Ostrava) celebrates its 23rd birthday the day after the match
FK Teplice (13th) – Slavia Prague (1st)
Kick-off: Saturday 18 February, 18:00.
Referee: Klíma – Nádvorník, Machač – Kocourek (video).
Balance: 53 12-13-28 54:95.
Last match: 0:6.
Teplice: Grigar – Chaloupek, Dramé, Mičevič – Hyčka, Mareček, Trubač, Urbanec – Čičovský – Gning, Vachoušek.
Slavia: Kolář – Douděra, Ousou, Santos, D. Jurásek – Traoré, Ševčík – Jurečka , Lingr, Olayinka – Van Buren.
Absence: Hybš, Kučera (both 4 ŽK), Sy (club agreement), Fila (club agreement + injury), Jukl, Knapík, Vondrášek (all injuries), Žák (uncertain start) – Hromada, Hovorka, Oscar (all injured), Bořil, Holeš (both recovering), Mandous, Masopust, Provod (all uncertain start).
Disciplinary threat: Hyčka – Douděra, Hronek (all 3 ŽK).
Best scorers: Žák (7) – Van Buren (11).
– Slavia have not lost 16 times in a row in the league with Teplice and have won 11 of the last 12 mutual duels in the top competition
– Slavia have not lost 7 times in a row in the league in Teplice
– In 2013, Slavia suffered a 0:7 debacle against Teplice, which is its biggest defeat in the history of a separate league
– Teplice lost 4 of the last 5 league matches and, together with Č. Budějovice, did not score in 3 spring rounds
– Teplice suffered a 0:5 debacle at home in the league last time against Ostrava, but won 15 of the total 19 in the season there points
– Slavia won 8 times in a row in the league and was the only one to win all 3 spring rounds
– Slavia won 3 times in a row away from home in the league, but won only 16 of the total points in the season there 46 points
– Teplice have the worst defense in the league with 44 goals conceded, Slavia on the other hand with 60 goals the best attack
1. FC Slovácko (4th) – Viktoria Plzeň (2nd)
Kick-off: Sunday, February 19, 3:00 p.m.
Referee: Zelinka – Váňa, Šimáček – Machálek (video).
Balance: 36 7-8-21 39:60.
Last match: 0:3.
Slovakia: Nguyen – Reinberk, Hofmann, Kadlec, Kalabiška – Havlík, Daníček – Petržela, Kim Sung-pin, Holzer – Mihálik.
Pilsen: Staněk – Havel, Pernica, Hejda, Jemelka – Bucha, Ndiaye – Kopic, Květ, Mosquera – Sick.
Absence: none – Kalvach (injury), Kliment (recovery), Rezník (uncertain start).
Disciplinary threat: Kohút, Vecheta – Chorý, Kalvach, Květ, Ndiaye (all 3 ŽK).
Best scorers: Mihálik (4) – Květ (11).
– Plzeň have won the last 5 mutual league matches (from 4 times at home)
– Plzeň won in the last league match at Slovácko, but before that they lost 2 times in a row there
– Slovácko have not lost 4 times in a row in the league (including 3 victories)< /p>
– Slovácko was the only one not to concede in 3 spring rounds
– Slovácko did not lose 4 times in a row at home in the league, but in the season there they only got 14 of the total 29 points
– Plzeň won the last 2 rounds
– Plzeň have not lost 21 times in a row away from home in the league (since the 0:2 defeat at Slavia in October 2021) and with 24 points they are the best team there in the season
– Plzeň has 14 best defense in the competition with goals conceded, but failed to keep a clean sheet 4 times in a row in the league
– Slovakia will miss coach Svědík due to the punishment for the red card in Liberec
Dynamo České Budějovice (14th) – Bohemians Praha 1905 (5th)< /p>
Kick-off: Sunday, February 19, 15:00.
Referee: Radina – Kotalík, Matoušek – Adámková (video).
Balance: 29 12-8 -9 45:41.
Last match: 2:1.
No. Budějovice: Janáček – Čolič, Havel, Králik, Skovajsa – Hora, M. Čermák – Jakub Matoušek, Hellebrand, Mršič – Škoda.
Bohemians: Jedlička – Hůlka, Petrák, Vondra – Dostál, Jindřišek, A. Čermák, Kovařík – Jan Matoušek, Drchal – Puskáč.
Absence: Čmelík, Hais (both missed start) – Köstl (4 ŽK) . ).
Best scorers: Čmelík, Havel (both 3) – Puškáč (5).
– Č. Budějovice lost only one of the last 5 mutual league matches and Bohemians defeated 2 times in a row in the top competition (both times 2:1)
– Č. Budějovice lost only one of the last 9 home league duels with Bohemians and won 3 times in a row (always by a goal)
– Č. Budějovice lost 6 of the last 7 rounds and did not score 4 times in a row in the league
– Č. Budějovice won the only one at home in the league from 9 matches in the season and with 5 of the total 18 points, they are the worst team in the competition there
– Bohemians lost last time after 2 league victories in a row
– Bohemians won away in the league last time after 2 losses and won 19 of the total 28 points there in the season
– coach Č. Budějovic Nikl played for Bohemians and will celebrate his 47th birthday the day after the game
– Skovajsa (Č. Budějovice) can claim his 50th start in the Czech league
FK Pardubice (16th) – Trinity Zlín (15th)
Kick-off: Sunday, February 19, 15:00.
Referee: Szikszay – Ratajová, Volf – Hocek (video).
Balance: 6 1 -3-2 7:7.
Last match: 1:2.
Pardubice: Nita – Mareš, Vlček, Hranáč, Chlumecký – Vacek – Tischler, Hlavatý, Janošek, Pikul – Černý.
Zlín: Rakovan – Cedidla , Kolář, Simerský, Procházka – Hlinka, Didiba – Fillo, Hrubý, Chanturišvili – Balaj.
Absence: Icha, Jeřábek, Solil (all injured) – Kozák (4 ŽK), Hloušek (recovery), Bartošák (uncertain start).
Disciplinary threats: Černý, Hranáč, Chlumecký, Janošek – Fillo (all 3 ŽK).
Best scorers: Janošek (4) – Fillo (3).
– Zlín lost the only one of the 6 mutual matches in the league and with Pardubice in scored 4 times in a row in the top competition
– Pardubice drew in all 3 home league matches with Zlín
– Pardubice won after 4 rounds last time, but scored in 3 of the last 4 league matches
– Pardubice lost to Slavia 0:2 in the first match at the renovated stadium and won at home in only one of the last 7 league duels
– Pardubice have the worst attack in the league with 15 goals
– Zlín won last time after 6 league matches and scored in all 3 spring rounds under coach Vrba
– Zlín has been away in the league 23 times since August 2021 he did not win in a row and scored only 5 of the total 17 points there in the season
– Zlín is the draw “king” of the league with 8 tied results
Sparta Prague (3rd) – FK Jablonec (12th)
Kick-off: Sunday, February 19, 18:00.
Referee: Černý – Hájek, Antoníček – Petřík (video).
Balance: 59 36-12-11 100:48.
Last match: 1:1.
Sparta: Kovář – Vitík, Sörensen, Ladislav Krejčí II – Wiesner, Sadílek, Kairinen, Zelený – Mabil, Haraslín – Kuchta.
Jablonec: Hanuš – Akpudje, Král, Martinec – Šulc, Hübschman, Považanec, Souček – Chramosta, Jovovič – Ikaunieks.
Absence: Čvančara (4 ŽK), Čelůstka, Pešek (both injuries), Heča, Höjer, Jankto, Mejdr, Panák (all uncertain start) – Patrák, Polidar, Sejk (all club agreement), Kratochvíl, Krob, Malínský (all injuries ).
Disciplinary threats: Daněk, Jankto, Mejdr, Minčev, Zelený (all 3 ŽK) – Houska, Jovovič (both 7 ŽK), Heidenreich, Krob, Považanec (all 3 ŽK).
Top scorers: Čvančara – Chramosta (both 7).
– Sparta lost only one of the last 13 mutual league matches, Jablonec but in the top competition they have not lost 4 times in a row
– the last 3 mutual league duels ended in a 1:1 draw
– Sparta has not lost 17 times in a row at home in the league with Jablonec
– Sparta lost only one of the last 18 rounds and won in 5 of the last 6 league matches
– Sparta has not lost 9 times in a row at home in the league and won in the last 5 matches of the top division there
– Sparta scored 10 goals in the last 2 rounds
– Jablonec last z won after 4 rounds
– Jablonec last time away in the league won after 4 defeats in a row
– Mejdr (Sparta) can play his 50th league match