Friday, 31 July, muslims in France will celebrate the “Feast of Sacrifice” (Eid al-adha) or “Great Festival” (Eid el-kebir) in a particular context. All the mosques of France are prepared.
For this edition 2020 of the Aïd el-Kebir, the muslim authorities multiply the messages of warning and caution to the faithful. The French Council of the muslim Cult (CFCM) has published a good practice guide and all the mosques of France are organized for this “Great Feast” is not the cause of a resurgence of the epidemic of Covid-19.
The recommendations are similar throughout the country :
- The necessity and even the obligation to opt for the sacrifice by the delegation in approved places
- The reminder of the foundations of the Eid el-adha with this call to sharing and to solidarity. Not to forget the needy is an imperative, especially in these particular conditions
- The reminder to observe the gestures barriers and, in particular, the port of the mask and the distancing physical
- The ban of gatherings of more than 5,000 faithful. The CFCM offers the mosques, which can host two prayers, which should then be spaced so that the faithful do not intersect.
Prayers are under surveillance in all the cities of France
Mosques are therefore organised to comply strictly with these rules, with also more practical still, as the obligation to go to the mosque with a prayer mat personal and individual. As to the material organisation of this prayer of eid el-Kebir, each mosque has communicated to his followers the practical details, and we will in particular emphasize that a prayer will be held on Friday, July 31 :
- at 8: 30 am at the Great Mosque of Paris
- at 7: 00 am in Lyon, and in all the mosques of the department of the Rhone
- between 7: 00 and 8: 30 in the mosques of the Bouches-du-Rhône, and in particular in Marseilles.