Useful products for the nervous system and brain.
You’ve probably noticed that some foods make us more attentive, help to concentrate, improve mental activity, improve memory and reaction speed. This is due to the structure of our brain. His “white substance” (myelin) consists of 70% lipids (good cholesterol and phospholipids) and 30% from protein, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to RBC.
Nutritionist Kristina Sheremetyeva told what foods best affect the brain.
Our brain is very necessary:
- Polyunsaturated omega-3 fatty acids. They are part of phospholipids, lolita build their cell membranes. And omega 3 is an active participant in synthesis of estrogen, cortisol, testosterone. Such fats should make up approximately 25% of the total diet
- Amino acids (especially essential), which is the main component of protein
- Clean water, which is necessary for impulse transmission. Yes, and the brain is 80% of it consists of water
- Vitamins for nutrition. Especially In
- Slow carbohydrates – as an energy source. Fast carbs cause insulin spikes in the blood, which is bad for our thinking. So a piece of dairy chocolate is clearly losing before the full meal with the inclusion of slow carbohydrates
Products for the brain:
Nuts and pumpkin seeds. The iron, antioxidants, zinc, magnesium, vitamins C, E, folic acid, minerals. It’s a great snack!
Fish. Trout, Steelhead and salmon are sources of omega 3. Even one serving of seafood a week promotes growth of cells of the gray matter of the brain
Dark chocolate with the maximum cocoa content. It has flavonol, which preserves the youthfulness of brain cells
Blueberries. It is the anthocyanins that slow down the aging process. And blueberries will improve the relationship between brain cells, improves memory, opposed to degenerative diseases. Blueberries are great for desserts with natural yoghurt. Also a lovely snack
Cereals. They include folic acid, vitamin b and thiamine, they stimulate the brain circulation and improve brain activity.