Pauline Ballet is one of the 14 official photographers following the Tour de France 2020. She must capture the scenery, the efforts and sometimes even the suffering of a range of runners.
For the 15th stage of the Tour de France, part of Lyon (Rhône) on Sunday September 13, the Col du Grand Colombier which will see the riders arrive will be closed to the public. “It is completely empty following a prefectural decree due to the strong circulation of the virus in the department of Ain. The runners will arrive absolutely alone. To follow the race, two solutions: television or photos. There are 14 photographers on this Tour de France “, explains Grégory Naboulet, live from the Col du Grand Colombier, in the Ain.
“The adrenaline is really high”
Pauline Ballet, 32, is in her fifth Tour de France followed as official photographer. In the wake of the peloton, its race is both an opportunity and a challenge. Press photographer, his privileged eye must capture the scenery, the efforts and sometimes even the suffering of a range of runners launched at full speed. “The adrenaline is really at its peak, I love it” , confides the photographer. For six hours, she will use her motorbike on the steep roads of the Tour in search of the ideal location. In the evening, she searches for the perfect photo in the middle of the 1000 shots of the day. Pauline is looking for a photo “striking, a little offbeat or on the contrary that of the most beautiful landscape of the stage” . A snapshot with a taste of eternity.
- 1 p.m. news from Sunday, September 13, 2020 The integral
The other subjects of the news
- 1 Covid-19 in France: more than 10,000 cases identified in 24 hours
- 2 Covid-19: the complex resumption of extra-curricular activities
- 3 Fires in the United States: residents regret Donald Trump's silence
- September 4: summer plays extra time in France
Weather forecast: towards temperature records in September?
- 6 Italy: when high-end Parmesans are kept in the safe
- 7 “I will die in the Carpathians”: the first original film by Antoine de Maximy