The Elysée has made a decision on the non-quarantine of nationals of the european Union and other countries such as Switzerland from next week.
Orders and counter-orders : the minister of Health Olivier Véran was first announced quatorzaine of any person entering the French territory, and then isolation of ” all travellers who arrive from areas of high virus circulation “.
Cross the border
Beyond foreigners entering France, there is the question of the French from abroad. Because our neighbours have also taken steps, evidenced by the long hours of waiting at the borders.
- The Swiss has announced a “gradual thawing of restrictions of entry” and the opening of new border posts from the 11th of may, which should simplify the life of cross-border workers.
- The border franco-Spanish remain closed until further notice. Spain entered a period of déconfinement very progressive and the media iberian evoke the possibility of a closure of the borders of the country until October.
- The Belgium has not yet announced the opening of its borders, even if the passage between the two countries has always been allowed in some cases, especially for cross-border workers. The belgian nationals, have either a ban, at least until the 8th of June, to make travel “non-essential” out of their country.
- L’Italy has never closed its borders with France, but imposes a quatorzaine to any person that enters its territory. This measure could be lifted by the summer, according to the results of the déconfinement.
- TheGermany continues its border controls until at least may 15, when only a few border posts that are open to allow the passage of cross-border workers. Moreover, the movement of 100 km that will be allowed in France from Monday, will not allow the people of Lorraine and Alsace to go and do their shopping across the Rhine.