Around the world some 1.6 billion people use WhatsApp, a instant messaging app. Almost all of us use it on our smartphone, where thanks to it we can exchange messages, audios, files, images and short videos.
However, the green icon app has, for six years, versions that work on the compu wave tablet, which has several advantages. Among them, write and read messages with greater comfort. Here we explain WhatsApp Web: step by step, how to download the application for PC.
WhatsApp Web: step by step, how to download the application for PC
Before getting into the topic, it is worth remembering that WhatsApp was born in 2009, as a project by Jan Koum and Brian Acton, former Yahoo! In a short time, this messaging system became one of the most successful. So much so that, in 2016, Facebook paid $ 22 billion for Koum’s company, who remains in command.
The web version works with Windows 8.1 or later and MacOS 10.10 or later.
We said that WhatsApp is one of the most popular social networks. Statistics from We Are Social indicate that some 3.8 billion people (about half of the world’s population) used networks in 2020. The first era Facebook, with 2,449 million; I followed him Youtube, with 2,000; WhatsApp, 1,600 and Messenger, 1,300.
The web option is available since 2015 and it shows the same screen that we can see on the smartphone. There are two possibilities: download WhatsApp to PC or Mac, or use directly WhatsApp Web, through the browser.
In both cases, the advantages will be visible. The desktop version is more comfortable when writing. It also allows faster access to pdf files or images, because you just have to drag them to the conversation box to send them.
When it comes to copying web links, it also stands out above that of the smartphone. The same if it comes to saving files, because it saves space on those phones that are almost always so loaded with images and applications.
Of course, if we are going to use the desktop version on the office computer, there is a tip: open an incognito window to prevent conversations and other data from being registered in the cache memory.
The web version works with Windows 8.1 or later or MacOS 10.10 or later. As we said, there are two possibilities, the one that requires the browser and the one that is accessed through the page Web or the app, which is downloaded from www.whatsapp.com/download/
WhatsApp Web is a good option to prevent the cell from filling up with photos and videos.
The steps to download the app are as follows:
- With WhatsApp installed on your smartphone, go to the site www.whatsapp.com/download/
- From the Download tab, choose the version for PC or for Mac.
- For PC, click Download for Windows (64-bit).
- The 125 MB WhatsAppSetup.exe file will automatically be stored in the Downloads folder on the PC. This will take just a few minutes.
- Open the .exe file.
- Open WhatsApp on your smartphone.
- Go to the Menu (the three dots located above, to the right of the lupita).
- When displaying the Menu, look for the option WhatsApp Web.
- When the smartphone camera is activated, point at the PC screen and scan the QR code that will appear on it.
- Under the QR code verify that Keep session active is checked.
To use the version that works directly with the browser, go to website and follow the same steps, except those referring to the download of the .exe file.