PEPITES (4/10) “Maldoror the children of legend” by Philippe Lechermeier was published in March 2022 by Flammarion Jeunesse
Maldoror the children of legend — Flammarion Jeunesse
- Favorite readings are shared and our community recommends you every day l one of the ten novels selected among the Pépites of the Montreuil Children's Book Fair.
- Today, a novel in the “junior fiction” category (7-11 years old), “Maldoror the children of legend” by Philippe Lechermeier was published on March 23, 2022 by Éditions Flammarion Jeunesse
< p>Christian Dorsan, author, blogger and contributor to the 20 Minutes Books reading group, recommends Maldoror the children of the legendby Philippe Lechermeier, published on March 23, 2022 by Flammarion Jeunesse and selected; among the Pépites for the best junior novel (7-11 years old) at the Salon du livre et de la presse jeunesse, from November 30 to December 5 at Montreuil.
His favorite quote:
The spectacle of all these wings twirling around Anja and Piotr like a shower of white flowers thrilled the spectators. But, as they got back to applaud louder, forcing young musicians to replaying the chorus, a movement in the crowd suddenly dispelled the cloud.
Why this book?
- < strong>Because you always have to read children’s adventures to keep a child’s soul, and this troop that meets as you go. measure of the book, and who ends up forming a real band of friends, is sympathetic and cheerful despite the the hardships they go through.
- PBecause we always grow a little with this type of book: courage, solidarity, ingenuity; are values developed throughout the chapters. The adults are treacherous, the wicked very wicked and the children brave: however, in spite of clichés, we can't resist; lively writing, funny at times, sprinkled with magic.
- Because this first volume is successful and calls for reading the rest of this thrilling adventure to discover this mysterious secret of Maldoror….
The essentials in 2 minutes
The plot.A group of children meet at the series of adventures around a stolen violin; and a magical plant. Together, they must discover the mystery of Maldoror so that everyone can find their own.
The characters. Anja and her violin, Piotr and her spider, Véra Pépina and Tchavolo bohemian brothers and sisters, Jorn the animal charmer, Barone Von Stumpf who command the Erasers, the Grand Copthe and his bloodthirsty army, spies, animals and a mysterious plant related to a kingdom of legend.
The places.Eastern Europe: kyiv, Odessa, Vienna, Siberia
The time. Timeless.
The ;author. Philippe Lechermeier is a children's author who has received numerous awards. He notably wrote the adventures of Till l’espigle. Accustomed to tales for the little ones, Maldoror is his first novel for 9-12 year olds.
This book has been; read witha child’s soul caught up in an adventure of which one would have liked to be one of the heroes. A first volume that calls for reading the second!
Buy on amazon
Want to recommend a book that you particularly liked? Join our community by clicking here
20 Minutes of Context
Some of the links in this article are sponsored. Every time you buy a book through one of them, we get a commission that helps us pay our bills. To avoid any conflict of interest, we have adopted the following method:
1. The contributors to the section choose their books, produce their files and their reviews independently, without worrying about any links that will be added.
2. The links are added afterwards, each time we find the recommended product on one of our partner platforms.
Thank you in advance to all those who will click!