The 15th stage of the Tour de France, Sunday, September 13, took place behind closed doors on the roads of Ain, a department classified as red because of the Covid-19. The atmosphere was ghostly.FRANCEINFO
It is in a disturbing silence that the peloton of the Tour de France swallows the kilometers, Sunday, September 13. A Tour in the red zone in Ain. The few supporters can hardly believe their ears. Public prohibited for health reasons, a decision of the prefect of Ain. But some locals, who know the place well, have managed to slip through the cracks.
Great silence at the Grand Colombier
No spectators on the starting line in Lyon (Rhône), in the climbs of the Col de la Biche and the Grand Colombier. “The party is a little less crazy”, admits, fatalist, Benoît Cosnefroy, runner AG2R La Mondiale. On Monday, the riders will take advantage of a day of rest before getting back in the saddle to continue this very special Tour de France 2020.
- Franceinfo's 23h news on Sunday, September 13, 2020 The integral
The other subjects of the news
- 1 Hot weather: a pleasant situation, but very worrying
- 2 Coronavirus: private parties soon to be banned?
- 3 Coronavirus: Mayenne, an example to follow
- 4 Coronavirus: China announces that it has defeated the epidemic
- 5 Ian Brossat (PCF): after “the fiasco around masks in March, that of tests”
- 6 The Fête de l'Humanité abandons La Courneuve
- 7 Belarus: “We will fight for our freedom,” says Svetlana Tikhanovskaya
- 8 Mediterranean: Turkey withdraws its ship, saying it wants “good neighborly relations”
- 9 Brexit: Boris Johnson does not keep his commitments and anger the EU
- 10 Decolonization: “It's not obvious that the party is very happy 60 years later”