Chacko Sonny’s farewell to Blizzard after 5 years.
Chacko Sonny, executive producer of Overwatch, announced his departure from Blizzard Entertainment. This is the latest high-profile departure from a firm still embroiled in multiple legal disputes arising from a California lawsuit accusing the company of a culture of sexual harassment and discrimination within the company.
News of Sonny’s departure comes via Bloomberg, who claims the Overwatch producer told staff his last day would be this Friday, describing his time at Blizzard as “an absolute privilege and one of the best experiences of my career“In a separate email, Blizzard co-leaders, Jen Oneal And Mike Ybarra they called Sonny “a caring leader“and Bloomberg reports that the employees he spoke to say that Sonny was highly respected within the company and that they were unaware of any allegations against him. An official statement provided to Polygon confirms Sonny’s departure, adding that he’s leaving for “take a break after 5 years of service“.
Sonny, who was overseeing the development of Overwatch 2, leaves Blizzard almost exactly five months after the high-profile departure of Overwatch director and vice president of Blizzard Entertainment Jeff Kaplan. However, despite these significant changes in senior staff, Blizzard insists Overwatch 2 is doing “excellent progress” and “it is in the final stages of production“.
Read Also
- Neuronal degeneration: chemical compound found that blocks it Aug 10, 2021
- EU raises common wheat harvest forecast in 2021/22 to 126.2 million tonnes May 28, 2021
- Poverty: “With 536.95 euros per month, I can’t get by anymore,” says Marc, a long-term unemployed person Nov 17, 2022
- “Balance is essential for life and business, but if you are going to tip the balance, make sure you tip it for the long term” May 31, 2021
- Risk of contagion of monkeypox is “very low” (European disease agency) May 23, 2022
- Salobreña Caxia Bank Raid | Costa Tropical Gazette News Oct 9, 2021
- Narbonne: Intercepted with more than 310,000 euros in 50 euro notes hidden in his car Nov 19, 2022
Sonny’s departure comes at an extremely difficult time for the parent company Activision Blizzard, which has been embroiled in multiple legal disputes following the California Department of Fair Employment and Housing (DFEH) harassment and abuse allegations.
Earlier this month, employees filed a new lawsuit accusing the company of using “coercive tactics” to prevent organizational efforts to improve working conditions, while the DFEH recently updated its initial lawsuit, claiming the department Activision Human Resources Blizzard destroyed personnel complaint documents.
Source: Eurogamer.net.
// For login with Facebook functionality
function appendFacebookSDK() {
window.fbAsyncInit = function () {
FB.init({
appId: ‘175441972590560’,
version: ‘v2.7’,
channelUrl: ‘/channel.html’,
status: true,
cookie: true,
xfbml: true,
oauth: true
});
};
