He noted that shock groups must be created for the offensive.
“The troops must be lined up in order of battle and prepare for the offensive. At the moment there are no such signs. Strike groups have not been created, all units are in base camps, at training grounds. In military language, this is called a show of force,” – stressed Naev.
- Immediately after the annexation of Crimea in 2014, Russia launched an armed aggression in eastern Ukraine. The fighting is between the Ukrainian Armed Forces on the one hand and the Russian army and Russian-backed militants who control parts of the Donetsk and Luhansk regions on the other. Officially, the Russian Federation does not recognize its invasion of Ukraine, despite the facts and evidence presented by Ukraine. According to the UN, during the conflict about 13 thousand people died.
- On December 9, 2019, a summit of the leaders of the Normandy Four was held in Paris. Its final communiqué states that the parties agreed on a ceasefire, the opening of new checkpoints, the exchange of detainees according to the “all for all” formula until December 31, 2019, the disengagement of forces and assets in three new areas in the Donbass, the extension of the law “On a special procedure for local self-government in certain areas” for a year Donetsk and Luhansk regions “and the expansion of the mandate of the OSCE special monitoring mission. Arrangements were partially implemented… The next summit was expected to take place in March – April 2020, but this did not happen.
- In January 2021, the head of the Office of the President of Ukraine (OP) Andriy Yermak said that within the framework of negotiations to resolve the conflict in Donbass in the Normandy format, Germany and France develop a plan for the peaceful end of the war, the so-called clusters, on the basis of which a roadmap may appear in the future. In March, he announced that “concrete peace plan” is ready, the parties are waiting for the reaction of Russia. According to him, the so-called clusters are “logical steps that fully comply with the spirit and principles of the Minsk agreements, international law and can, if agreed, become the basis for a roadmap that would really end with the establishment of peace in Donbass.”
- At the beginning of 2021, the situation in Donbass worsened. The Joint Forces operation headquarters has repeatedly reported that the enemy is firing sniper fire. On April 1, the Office of the President of Ukraine reported that from the beginning of 2021 the Russian occupation troops in Donbas violated the ceasefire more than 570 times.
- In late March – early April, the media and eyewitnesses began to publish video evidence that Russia was actively transfers military equipment to Crimea across the Kerch bridge and pulls troops to the border with Ukraine.
- On March 30, the Commander-in-Chief of the Armed Forces of Ukraine Ruslan Khomchak confirmed that the Russian Federation builds up troops near the border with Ukraine and in the occupied Crimea, which “poses a threat to the military security of the state.” Ukrainian intelligence said that Russia wants to expand military presence on the territory controlled by the “DPR” and “LPR” militants through the introduction of regular units of the armed forces of the Russian Federation, and did not rule out an attempt to move Russian troops deep into the territory of Ukraine.
- Against the background of the aggravation of the situation, the authorities of the Russian Federation announced control check of troops. Russian Defense Minister Sergei Shoigu said on April 13 that Russia had deployed two armies and three airborne troops to the “western borders” in three weeks, all of which are involved in exercises that will be completed within 14 days.
- According to the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Ukraine Dmitry Kuleba, the current escalation by the Russian Federation in Donbass is systemic and the most ambitious in recent years.
- Due to the escalation of the situation in Donbass, the US command in Europe announced maximum availability… According to information White House and US State Department, the number of Russian troops near the border with Ukraine is the largest since 2014. According to Ukrainian intelligence, at the beginning of March, near the border of Ukraine, the Russian Federation deployed two armies of the air force and air defense, as well as the Black Sea Fleet. total number of 89 thousand people… The pulling-in of Russian troops to the Ukrainian border is likely to end by April 20, their number could reach 56 battalion tactical groups with 110 thousand troops, Kirill Budanov, head of the Main Intelligence Directorate of the Ministry of Defense of Ukraine, said on April 14.