Real Mallorca president Andy Kohlberg, in an interview he gave to Forbes Sport magazine last week, said that the club has had a significant cash injection following a 2.2 billion euro deal between most of La Liga sides and private equity firm CVC.
Although Mallorca’s share of the monetary windfall won’t be as attractive as some of the other Primera sides, the majority of the funds clubs receive MUST be spent on infrastructure.
With this in mind, the club intend to renovate the Son Moix, the priority being the removal of the obsolete running track from around the pitch.
It hasn’t been used in earnest since the World Student Games in 2000.
It’s a perennial subject that may just see completion after many years of rejection from local politicians.
Read Also
- It has become known, which will host the Europa League match “Shakhtar” – “Wolfsburg” Jun 20, 2020
- Swimming Fanny Teijonsalo gets to the professional league ISL: “I’m really excited” Aug 17, 2021
- “But did we win ?!”: Fedez and Chiara Ferragni uncertain about the outcome of the European final | VIDEO Jul 12, 2021
- Named the first finalist of the Europa League Aug 17, 2020
- Paris 2024 Olympics: Gérald Darmanin points to drones as the main terrorist threat Nov 20, 2022
- Havertz, the signing of the 80 million that has already made Chelsea win 19 May 30, 2021
- ‘The Christmas Challenge’: How to make a footballer want to score again Nov 15, 2022
Palma City Council are our landlords and not one brick in the Son Moix can be removed without their approval.
However, on Wednesday the mayor of Palma, Jose Hila, said “The City Council has recently acquired some land next to the Son Moix with the idea of building a municipal athletics track.
“It’s now up to Real Mallorca to go one step further with their idea of reconstructing the Son Moix stadium.
“They have the political approval and now they need a favorable technical report. I don’t give construction licenses and RCD Mallorca will have to submit their architectural project and request a license following all the correct procedures. ” Watch this space!
10 New Signings
Director of football Pablo Ortells completed a stellar Summer transfer window which slid (ours doesn’t need slamming!) shut on Tuesday night.
After all the Ts were crossed and the Is were dotted, we’ve finished up with 27 players in a squad that looks capable of achieving its objective – “permanence” – come next May.
We’ve brought in a goalkeeper (Greif), two full backs (Maffeo and Jaume Costa), a midfielder (Ballaglia), two wingers (Kubo and Kang In Lee) and four forwards (Fer Niño, Hoppe, Amath and Angel Rodriguez) . We have contracted purchase orders on Maffeo and Fer Niño.
With 27 players available, coach Luis Garcia Plaza could have two full teams with five on the bench.
