The Lee County Sheriff’s Office released video and footage of the arrest. “This student’s behavior is sick,” said Sheriff Carmine Marceno
< /i> It was shortly after the massacre in Uvalde, Texas, where 21 people died
A fifth-grade student in Florida, United States, was arrested over the weekend and accused of sending a text message threatening to carry out a mass shooting. In a statement released Saturday, the Lee County Sheriff’s Office said it had learned earlier that day of a “threatening text message” sent by an elementary school student.
Commented that their local school threat team was immediately notified and began investigating. The 10-year-old boy was interviewed and later charged with “making a written threat to carry out a mass shooting”, the sheriff’s office said, as reported by NBC News.
Lee County police released a video of the boy’s arrest
Read Also
- Fortnite T5: Missions and Challenges Week 15: Solution and Rewards Mar 12, 2021
- Salvini makes propaganda on the Kabul attack, but confuses the Taliban with Isis-K Aug 27, 2021
- Baseball pre-Olympic: Cuban player fled the concentration with his country as soon as he arrived in Florida May 28, 2021
- ‘Convention’ for the climate : first the brakes on the proposals Jul 1, 2020
- Pablo Iglesias, signed as a tertullian in Rac-1 Aug 27, 2021
- In the skies over Syria fighters dangerously close to a passenger liner. Video Jul 24, 2020
- Lionel Messi heads homage to Maradona with the largest statue in the world Jun 4, 2021
An image of the “mugshot” type was even circulated on social networks, which is taken whenever a criminal is arrested to include in his file as a criminal record.
“The behavior of this student is sick, especially after the recent tragedy in Uvalde, Texas,” Lee County Sheriff Carmine Marceno said in the statement, noting that the threat came just days after the deadly shooting at Robb Elementary School that left 19 students and two teachers dead.
Lee County Sheriff at a press conference regarding the situation .
The sheriff commented how the school team was notified and began an investigation into the threat. Detectives then interviewed the boy and established probable cause for his arrest.
“Right now is not the time to act like a petty criminal. It’s not funny. This kid made a false threat and is now experiencing real consequences,” the sheriff said.
In a YouTube video, the sheriff’s office showed an officer driving the child towards a patrol car. Sheriff’s officials did not say if the boy remained in a juvenile facility or if he was released to his parents.
