Protesters protest against Alberto Fernández government’s management of the pandemic, in front of Casa Rosada, Buenos Aires, Argentina, August 16| Photo: EFE/ Demian Alda Estevez
Argentine President Alberto Fernández, who said he was responsible for commemorating his wife’s birthday last year at the Olivos presidential residence at the height of restrictions in the country due to the Covid-19 pandemic, warned the opposition on Monday. that she won’t be able to take him out of power because of the episode.
“If anyone thinks they’re going to knock me down because of a mistake I made, they’re going to make me stronger,” Fernández said during a launch event for a university innovation center in the province of Buenos Aires.
Last week, leaking photos of First Lady Fabiola Yáñez’s party at the presidential residence sparked a scandal amid November’s legislative election campaign and prompted the opposition to seek Fernández’s impeachment.
Read Also
- Joe Biden said the New York governor should resign if the sexual harassment charges against him are upheld. Mar 17, 2021
- Rouen: The dog of the canine squad attacked by a mastiff, a policeman opens fire Nov 15, 2022
- Miami landslide: three people arrested for stealing identities Sep 9, 2021
- The United States is “studying more options” to respond to the “irresponsible and harmful practices” of the Chinese regime Jan 11, 2021
- Vigilance Bucca: Benfica asked Villa Mar 18, 2021
- Un Posto al Sole, previews today 14 September: Filippo has no peace Sep 14, 2021
- Fourteen miners trapped by accident in a mine in Colombia Jun 1, 2022
On Monday, the Argentine president opened fire on the opposition, saying that it will “never” hear him apologize for policies and actions like those carried out by the government of his predecessor, Mauricio Macri (2015-2019), leader of the main wing of the opposition.
“They will never have to make me apologize because I knelt before the International Monetary Fund (IMF) and indebted Argentina and generations of Argentines,” he declared.
justice investigates party
This was the second speech by the Argentine president after the publication of images on the front pages of the country’s main newspapers, last Friday, showing about ten people, including Fernández himself, in celebration of the first lady’s birthday.
The party took place on July 14, 2020, as Fernández admitted, when Argentina was under a presidential decree with severe sanitary restrictions due to the pandemic and which included a ban on social gatherings.
The Argentine president is also facing a complaint in court for violation of measures to prevent an epidemic, abuse of authority and violation of the duties of a public official.
The complaint was filed on July 28 by two opposition activists when the record of visits to the presidential residence during the strict quarantine in effect in 2020 was published, and prosecutor Ramiro Gonzalez decided to proceed with the investigation, which was later expanded when photos were leaked. of the First Lady’s Birthday.
