MOBILIZATION A decision should be made before the end of 2022
The velodrome was built in 1968 to host the Winter Olympics. Illustrative photo — Mr. Freedom/20 Minutes
More than 3,000 Internet users had signed; this Thursday afternoon the online petition asking for the abandonment of the plan to destroy the Grenoble velodrome (Isère). The Sports Palace, which hosts the cycling track, must be transformed. as part of a redevelopment operation desired by the town hall. The structure could be gone by 2024, the company said. the municipal team quoted by France 3 Auvergne Rhône-Alpes.
The deputy in charge of the local economy, Maxence Alloto, explained that the destruction of the velodrome was “a food for thought”. He said he was attached to to the structure but considered it obsolete and doomed to disappear if no “popular event” don’t use it. “We hope it can be used again,” the chosen one. The site has its ardent supporters, however.
Read Also
- Friends, Giulia Stabile’s appeal: “Do not disclose that photo” Aug 20, 2021
- Despite the anger of Jair Bolsonaro, Bolivia seeks to renegotiate the contract with Brazil to sell gas at a better price May 26, 2022
- Verstappen threatens to “ignite the fuse”! Sep 2, 2021
- War in Ukraine: Polish PM appeals to people for calm Nov 16, 2022
- “Ocean Viking”: More migrants in the Giens waiting area Nov 24, 2022
- Lending platform Blend Labs raises $ 360 million in top-range IPO Jul 16, 2021
- Hamilton promises a “gift” to the spectators of Spa | FormulaPassion.it Sep 6, 2021
Access to this content has been blocked in order to respect your choice of consent
I ACCEPT
More information on the Cookie Management Policy page.
Among them is the former President of the French Cycling Federation Daniel Baal, to the origin of the petition put online this Saturday, which affirmed on Twitter, last Friday, that the Grenoble track “is part of the French sporting heritage”. A decision should be made before the end of 2022. The velodrome had been built in 1968 to host the Winter Olympics.
