The British driver continues to be frustrated by the FIA’s demands not to wear jewelry during the competition and he expressed it before the race in the Principality
< /i>
Lewis Hamilton spoke again about the ban on wearing jewelry imposed by the FIA on Formula 1 drivers (Photo: REUTERS)
It is not one of the best seasons at a sporting level for Lewis Hamilton, who this year has been in the eye of the storm for his battle with the International Automobile Federation (FIA) for the ban on wearing jewelry imposed on Formula 1 drivers. The British driver, who will keep his nose ring and the rest of his bijouterie at the Monaco Grand Prix, once again challenged the body .
From the assumption of Niels Wittich as the new Racing Director of the FIA, the use of earrings, necklaces, watches and other jewelry during the races, as well as underwear, was again emphasized. Hamilton had been given a temporary two-race waiver to remove the piercing, but he explained that it would require a surgical intervention and the agency extended the permit until the end of June.
Read Also
- A deputy introduces a bill to better protect cyclists Nov 23, 2022
- Bentley told about the remote control in the cabin of the Flying Spur Apr 12, 2020
- The delay of the iPhone 5G is more likely Jul 30, 2020
- Grupo Boticário has 233 job openings Sep 14, 2021
- Le Havre: Seizure of 750 kg of cocaine on a boat, no arrest Nov 16, 2022
- The regime of Daniel Ortega intensifies the persecution of priests and the siege against the Catholic Church May 26, 2022
- Russian and Ukrainian troops fight block by block in Severodonetsk, the city half-destroyed by Putin’s bombs May 30, 2022
“It is definitely positive that we are working with (the FIA) and I think they are being a not very accommodating at the moment”, indicated the British pilot of Mercedes before the first practice session on Friday. Although later he was again frustrated by the matter.
Lewis Hamilton wore several watches and many necklaces in Miami to protest against the FIA (Photo: REUTERS)
“Honestly, I feel like too much time and energy is being spent on this< /b>. I’ve said everything I think I have to say about it in the last couple of races and I’m not going to focus on that this weekend. We shouldn’t have to keep checking this every weekend. We definitely have bigger fish to fry,” Hamilton launched..
The multi-time champion could have been forced to miss the race in Monaco if the rules had been strictly enforced. The FIA waiver now covers Hamilton until the races in Azerbaijan (June 12) and Canada ( June 19), although everything indicates that the discussions will continue. The pilots participated in an briefing session in Spain, with the intention of solving how to wear jewelry safelybut it does not seem that there are intentions to reconcile with the authorities.
The rings and watches that Hamilton showed in Miami were a clear message to the Formula 1 authorities (Photo: REUTERS)
Lewis Hamilton is one of those leading the protests and he actively did so in Miami: he arrived at the paddock with at least < b>four stacked necklaces and was later seen with at least three watches and four rings on each hand, along with his ear studs and trademark nose ring< /b>.
(With information from AP)
