The mass murder investigation in Nova Scotia, which killed 22 lives last year, is delaying a hearing scheduled for this month until the end of January.
The commission said in a statement Wednesday its team needed time to review thousands of documents and interview witnesses in preparation for the hearing.
New witnesses say April 18-19, 2020, with information that the killings are ahead.
The first phase of hearings, which aim to establish what happened, was supposed to start in Halifax on October 26, but is now scheduled to open on January 25 and run until March 3.
Read Also
- Simbolotto, drawing today 4 September 2021 | Symbols extracted | Lot Sep 4, 2021
- In the Donetsk region in Svyatogorsk Lavra, a crowd of parishioners without masks. Photo May 6, 2020
- Protests from the United States spread to Europe. Video Jun 1, 2020
- Regina todorenko has released a film about the issue of domestic violence. Video May 4, 2020
- Could Ethereum compete against Bitcoin as a safe haven after EIP-1559? – Spanish BeInCrypto Feb 28, 2021
- Precious: a picture of Shakira that captivated everyone Jan 20, 2021
- Video: Abel Pintos broke into the La Princesita show in Tucuman and impressed fans Mar 20, 2021
The commission, headed by former Nova Scotia Chief Justice Michael McDonald, says the delay will give participants more time to review evidence and will not affect plans to submit an interim report in May and a final report by November 2022.
The RCMP confirmed on the night of April 18, 2020, that an outrageous gunman set fire to several houses and killed 13 people the next day in Portopic, NS, killing nine people.
More Top Stories
