Add them to your diet.
Fatty sea fish, walnuts, blueberries, cacao, ginseng, eggs, broccoli, apples, lentils, bread made from wheat flour are the best foods for mental alertness, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to Browser.
A list of the ten listed products published by the Center for public health of Ukraine on his page in Facebook. As noted in the message of the organization, adequate nutrition, and proper rest is important for the effective functioning of the brain.
- Oily sea fish contains polyunsaturated fatty acids omega-3, of which the body produces myelin, a kind of insulating material for nerve fibers. Myelin is necessary for rapid operation of the brain and transmission of information from one cell to another.
- Walnuts – this is another source of omega-3. Regular intake of walnut increases the level of serotonin (happiness hormone), which helps to resist depression and willing to undertake mental work. 3-5 walnuts a day is enough for brain health.
- Blueberries – source of antioxidants, necessary for the proper functioning of the brain and to get rid of harmful substances that damage the cells. Regular consumption of blueberries improves cognitive function and memory.
- Cocoa beans contain powerful antioxidant flavanol, which improves blood circulation to the brain and protects it from oxidative processes, leading to various neurodegenerative diseases (e.g. Alzheimer’s disease). Chocolate also increases the level of dopamine in the blood – the hormone responsible for our good mood.
- Ginseng. Just a couple drops of tincture of ginseng per Cup of water is sufficient to enhance mental performance. This is a recommendation for adults, as children are contraindicated alcoholic liquors, even in small concentrations.
- Eggs – a source of quality protein, fats and vitamins. It also contains a lot of choline, a substance that helps us to focus and improve the efficiency of nerve cells. Regular consumption of eggs will help to keep the brain in good shape.
- Broccoli is one of the main sources of vitamin K which supports normal brain activity. Broccoli also contains boron, a deficiency of which leads to a decrease in brain activity. Also for normal mental activity is useful for all other types of cabbage: Brussels sprouts, cauliflower, cabbage, or Savoy Beijing.
- Apples. These fruits contain almost all minerals and vitamins. Regular use invigorates the blood vessels of the brain, prevents them from clogging, reduces the risk of hemorrhage.
- Lentils – a source of iron and amino acids necessary for the rapid occurrence of biochemical processes in the brain cells. This ensures clarity and increases the rate of thinking.
- Bread from wheat flour. Replace white bread and you will quickly feel the difference. If we eat white bread or products made of flour and pastry in the blood is thrown out a lot of insulin, then the brain starts to “shut off”. Therefore, mental activity is best to use “slow” carbohydrates contained in whole grain products and flour. So you will help your brain to recharge for the day.