In some cases, you can do without medication.
Doctors told how to quickly lower blood sugar levels and improve your health. This will help not only to those who already have diabetes, but people who have sugar jumps are from time to time, reports the Chronicle.info with reference to RBC.
As explained by experts, high blood sugar is very dangerous for human health. If there is frequent urination, excessive thirst, nausea, vomiting and abdominal pain to the doctor is necessary to address immediately. The best way to lower sugar level is to introduce a fast-acting insulin, but there are other ways that you can apply yourself.
Doctors gave recommendations about what methods you can quickly reduce the level of sugar in the blood:
- To inject insulin. This can be done only after consultation with a doctor who will prescribe the dosage. After the introduction you need 10-15 minutes to check the level of sugar.
- Physical activity. Physical activity causes the body to burn glucose for energy. Cells redirect glucose into muscle and sugar level decreases. To reduce need active exercise, in which the heart has to beat faster.
- The use of water. Ordinary drinking water may help the body to excrete more urine, and with it the output of glucose. If there are problems with the heart or kidneys, you should not drink too much water.
- A large amount of protein. Foods with a high amount of protein helps you stabilize blood sugar levels. It is important that the food had a lot of proteins and not carbohydrates. Please note that this method will not reduce the level of sugar in the blood as fast as it will make the insulin.
Special tips for diabetics
If you have diabetes of the first type, you need to check the blood sugar before you start physical exercise. If the sugar level is above 250 mg/DL, check urine ketones number. If they are present, exercise should be postponed. This means that the body breaks down fats for energy and your blood sugar level additionally will increase due to physical exertion.
When you need to urgently seek help
- A blood sugar level above 250 mg/DL
- In the urine there ketones
- Unclear thinking, confusion
- Strong and constant thirst
- Frequent urination
- Shortness of breath
- Abdominal pain
When such symptoms should not delay with the visit to the doctor, as you may develop a very dangerous condition such as nerve damage and neuropathy, retinopathy, or damage to blood vessels in the eyes, problems with the kidneys or heart, diabetic ketoacidosis and diabetic coma.